The Student Room Group

Msc at Imperial in Engineering

MSc in Advanced Mechanical Engineering, Advanced Aeronautical Engineering, or Sustainable Energy Futures?

So far, I have received an offer for the MSc in Advanced Mechanical Engineering, and wonder if I should request a change.

I know it sounds like completely different topics but I think they are all linked by what I'm interested in working on.

I am completing a bachelor's in mechanical engineering at UCL, and I am quite interested in sustainable propulsion systems and future ways to produce energy (gas turbines, sustainable combustion or else). That being said, I also want a degree that can allow me to enter into less technical jobs in the future (from finance to project management).

Can anyone share their experience with those three masters? Feel free to share the career paths you have seen coming out of masters like that.

Also, can you tell me which one "helps more" or promotes any form of startup work?

Thanks
Reply 1
Original post by Milouu_72
MSc in Advanced Mechanical Engineering, Advanced Aeronautical Engineering, or Sustainable Energy Futures?

So far, I have received an offer for the MSc in Advanced Mechanical Engineering, and wonder if I should request a change.

I know it sounds like completely different topics but I think they are all linked by what I'm interested in working on.

I am completing a bachelor's in mechanical engineering at UCL, and I am quite interested in sustainable propulsion systems and future ways to produce energy (gas turbines, sustainable combustion or else). That being said, I also want a degree that can allow me to enter into less technical jobs in the future (from finance to project management).

Can anyone share their experience with those three masters? Feel free to share the career paths you have seen coming out of masters like that.

Also, can you tell me which one "helps more" or promotes any form of startup work?

Thanks
Do you mind if I ask how long it took you to get an offer from the point you submitted everything
Reply 2
Original post by Rb5
Do you mind if I ask how long it took you to get an offer from the point you submitted everything
I applied in late November early december, and heard back from them in like late january
Reply 3
Original post by Milouu_72
I applied in late November early december, and heard back from them in like late january
Can I also aks what is your university average mark
Reply 4
Original post by Rb5
Can I also aks what is your university average mark
75% averaged on both 1st and 2nd year

Quick Reply

Latest