The Student Room Group

Official University of Cambridge offer-holders thread for 2024 entry

Scroll to see replies

If anyone has any questions about girton, please ask and I’ll do my best to respond!! I know a lot of people tend to get pooled there so many not know too much about it, but I promise it is such a lovely college ❤️
Lucy Cavendish
Hey all! I'm a Girton MML (Spanish and ab initio German) offer holder - pooled from Christ's but to be honest ecstatic to have got in anywhere lol! Has the shock worn off for anyone yet? I still can't believe it, no matter how many people tell me they're not surprised!
Original post by sunlit-slaughter
lol I feel the same way pooled to a women’s college. It wasn’t what I was expecting in terms of a “university experience”

Same!!! It’s kinda stressing me
I got an offer for archaeology at girton, was pooled from Pembroke, but girton seems really nice
Reply 25
I got an offer for education- I originally applied to downing and got pooled to Jesus. I'm just unsure if anyone else got one for there as on the website it says they give out approx 2 offers.
Reply 26
Original post by Sarah112358*
Hey! I got into the design Tripo at murray edwards!

Damnnn! Congrats!
i got an offer from lucy cavendish for maths !!
Original post by Anonymous #4
Maths at Trinty. Now to get busy on the STEP!

do you wanna prepare for step together?
Reply 29
Original post by Squiggles1238
If anyone has any questions about girton, please ask and I’ll do my best to respond!! I know a lot of people tend to get pooled there so many not know too much about it, but I promise it is such a lovely college ❤️

Hi! I've been pooled to girton for law, I was wondering what the social life is like with it being so far away from the city centre?
Original post by blubbblubb
I got an offer for archaeology at girton, was pooled from Pembroke, but girton seems really nice

it should be lovely, I imagine with the grounds and village vibe
are you musical - a strong community 🎼
also, believe there is some dining arrangement with Downing College
Reply 31
Hi! I have an offer to study natural sciences from Homerton!! Congrats everyone!
Original post by Sarah112358*
Same!!! It’s kinda stressing me

wait which one?
hello everyone! congratulations!! i have an offer for vet med at emma :smile:
Original post by Anonymous #3
hiii! someone at a women's college here! honestly, it doesn't detract from the university experience at all! i never feel like i'm missing out compared to other colleges and it has a sense of community in a different (and in my experience, better) way, so i understand it is disappointing now, but honestly, you're going to have such an amazing time! my friend was pooled here, and she doesn't regret it one bit!

Thank you! Could you elaborate on what’s different about it? I got an offer from newnham so I’m very curious
Original post by sunlit-slaughter

wait which one?

Murray edwards
I have an offer to study English at Caius! Would love to hear from anyone doing the same course/also going to Caius :smile:
Original post by megansolomon
I've got an offer from Fitz for history and modern languages :smile:

Ahhhh, this is so cool, we’ll probably see each other in October xx
Reply 38
I have an offer for education at Pembroke! Would love to talk to anyone who has an offer for Pembroke or education or both
Just to give a bit of an update on what's going to happen now we've got this thread and the applicants' thread as well.

We'll keep both threads open for about a week, so that people can celebrate and commiserate and ask questions about decision day. We'll then close down the applicants' thread and just keep the offer-holders' thread open as we run through to results in August. Please stick around on TSR everyone, make use of this thread to chat to one another and explore what's going on in other sections of the site! (Come and join the book club, or get chatting about your favourite TV shows, films, sports or food, or even jump into a discussion with us in debate and current affairs!)

If you didn't get an offer today, but did get notified that you're eligible for the reconsideration pool, it's worth having a think through the next few months as to whether you'd want to apply for it if you get the requisite grades this summer. We'll have a thread up and running around A-level results day when the pool runs, so please don't be a stranger to TSR and come and visit the Cambridge forum again then! :smile:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending