The Student Room Group

Official University of Cambridge offer-holders thread for 2024 entry

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Obow123
Hi guys, just wondering for the Student Finance application whether to put place of study as 'University of Cambridge' or my individual college.
Hopefully this is the right place to ask. :smile:
University of Cambridge.
Original post by Alex_Raven
Just received an offer for medicine at Fitzwilliam! Anybody else going to Fitz????
mml at fitz here :smile:)
Original post by laraemr
mml at fitz here :smile:)
MPhil in Education at Fitz here. Overseas, Norwegian
Reply 403
Original post by Obow123
Hi guys, just wondering for the Student Finance application whether to put place of study as 'University of Cambridge' or my individual college.
Hey, sorry if this is too late. I just looked this up and on the christ's college's website and it said to put your college and not just the university of cambridge. I'm not sure if this applies to all colleges but i feel like it would so im putting my individual college. Sorry if this doesnt help.
(edited 1 month ago)
Original post by Mjb6
Hey, sorry if this is too late. I just looked this up and on the christ's college's website and it said to put your college and not just the university of cambridge. I'm not sure if this applies to all colleges but i feel like it would so im putting my individual college. Sorry if this doesnt help.

Thank you.

I’ve contacted my college and I’m just waiting on a response now.
I was a bit sceptical of putting “University of Cambridge” because none of the courses were showing up when I did that(which should’ve been a sign 😭). I just didn’t want to rush in and get it wrong.
Original post by Obow123

I chose “College name- University of Cambridge”. Not sure what the difference between that and “University of Cambridge - College name” is!
Original post by emm4nuella
The University of Cambridge 2024 offer-holders' thread

For people with Cambridge undergraduate offers to start in autumn 2024.
Parents: you are free to comment on this thread to provide words of encouragement and guidance to the applicants, but you also have your own thread for parental debates -> https://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/showthread.php?t=6325348

Hello everyone, welcome to the official discussion thread for students who have got a offer from Cambridge for 2024 entry - congratulations <3 ! You can chat with other offer holders, and see if you can find someone who could be in your class next year <3! also, let us know what A Levels you are taking and the subject you want to study!!

A tracking form has been created so that you can see when offers/interviews are being given out.
Link to decisions entry form: https://forms.gle/jKQFgXuinKKDxPkt5
Please be aware you will need your TSR user ID to complete the form. If you don't know how to find this, click here.
2024 form responses:
https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1jZ2MlmtrwgKjloO8Psw4asE-fJZR7TidDFW5M6NmXAk/edit?usp=sharing
Note: All data you share is at your own risk, the forms and resources linked here are not controlled by The Student Room Group Ltd. If you have any issues, please tag a member of the Universities Volunteer team (in purple and cyan at the bottom of this page). For more information please click here.
Volunteer note: Please note that sharing or asking for group chats or social media details is against TSR rules.

I got an offer to study Maths at Downing. Anybody wants to study STEP together?
Original post by Japanstep
I got an offer to study Maths at Downing. Anybody wants to study STEP together?

Ayyy nice one, I won't be studying Maths (although I do Double Maths rn) but I'm going to Downing to study Psychology
Original post by kyan.cheung
Got a conditional offer for Maths at St. John's as an international, but they asked for S,1 (in any order). Was St. John's just oversubscribed this year or was I barely considered?

I know someone who got the same offer as you from Queens. It seems such condition is not so rare these days. I got 1,1 but A level conditions were higher than the standard offer. Do you want to study together?
Hello everyone, TSR Goes Green is back where across the site, you can engage in many conversations centring on the environment and nature! @flowersinmyhair made a thread asking whether the campus environment influenced your uni choices, and @Scotland Yard wants to know your opinion on whether unis should ban meat from their menus! Would love to know your thoughts in both threads :smile:!

Click the links below to get involved!

Do you think universities should ban meat from their menus? - The Student Room
Did the campus environment influence your uni decision? - The Student Room

And if you want to get involved with more TSR Goes Green threads that may interest you, look no further: TSR Goes Green! Mk II - 2024 Hub thread - The Student Room
Anyone applied to Jardine postgrad scholarship?
Original post by Anonymous
Anyone applied to Jardine postgrad scholarship?

There is a specific post grad thread that might be more useful for this query
Heya. Hope everyone's well. Wanted to ask about evensong if I may: How exactly does it work - is there evensong each day at every college, and can any student (from any college) join for evensong? For example, can I join evensong at Magdalene even if I'm at a different college (as long as I have my CamID card)? Thanks
Who else is nervous about meeting offer conditions? 😵*💫

i definitely am, but you've got an offer because you're capable - cambridge clearly think so or they wouldn't offer you a place!! there's not long to go and we've all just got to work hard and do our best :smile:)

Me, I don't think I'm making it 😭
Original post by Wired_1800
University of Cambridge.

"College Name - University of Cambridge" Else it'll come back as unable to match course
Heya. Hope everyone's well. Wanted to ask about evensong if I may: How exactly does it work - is there evensong each day at every college, and can any student (from any college) join for evensong? For example, can I join evensong at Magdalene even if I'm at a different college (as long as I have my CamID card)? Thanks

Hi, may I redirect you to the Cambridge Parents’ where this question will be catnip to the host of said thread @ExtantThylacine 🐈

or, more prosaically, you could just scroll each college website as it will vary and some have no chapel ( St. Catz, for example) and have an arrangement with a neighbouring college
also, the frequency of services is likely to vary according to college 🎵'
[edit to say my mistake: St. Catharine’s College does have a chapel…
and choir…and evensong]
(edited 2 weeks ago)
Original post by MedMama
or, more prosaically, you could just scroll each college website as it will vary and some have no chapel ( St. Catz, for example) and have an arrangement with a neighbouring college

Ahem, it may not be the biggest in Cambridge but we do :colondollar:

Though the point does stand for some other colleges :tongue:
Original post by Saracen's Fez
Ahem, it may not be the biggest in Cambridge but we do :colondollar:
Though the point does stand for some other colleges :tongue:

should have checked, and thanks for correction made so courteously 😊
will watch a livestream soon from St. C.’s

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending