The Student Room Group

U of Edinburgh Postgraduate 2022 Applicants

Let’s talk about postgrad admission to U of Edinburgh!

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
Hey!! Anyone applied yet?
Nope I haven’t. Planning to go for Msc Education: Early Childhood Practice and Froebel Pathway. Currently a final year student at the university of bristol. Quite nervous applying tho. Is it hard to get in?
Original post by ehn0418

I've applied about two weeks ago for MSc Psychological Research. I'm currently completing my honours in South Africa
Original post by ehn0418

Yup! Applied almost 2 weeks ago. Day before yesterday I got an email to provide additional documents which I submitted yesterday. It's all verified now ( as per the applicant portal). Waiting for response now! I applied for MSc in Buisness Analytics, currently completing my Bachelor in Business Administration
Hey! I applied almost a month ago for MSc Marketing! Got an offer yesterday!
Hi! I am an international student from the US, I applied in the beginning of October. Has anyone heard back yet? Getting anxious! My application says all details received, I have read that it takes a while to hear back, is that true?
Original post by khushiiiii
Hey! I applied almost a month ago for MSc Marketing! Got an offer yesterday!

Hey! When did you apply?
Hey, I want to apply for the MSc Mental Health in Children and Young People: Psychological Approaches and want to start my application ASAP but I am worried I won't get in with the experience I have.
How competitive is the course?

- I have First Class Honours in my BSc Psychology
- 6 weeks experience volunteering with children in a psychology context

I am due to start a full-time job as a support practitioner working with young people, however, the offer is conditional on successful pre-employment checks and I am yet to hear back about when they will be conducted so everything feels up in the air. I am also trying to secure a volunteer opportunity in the mean time but know my time to do this will be limited when I start work.
I am super worried that by the time I actually get more experience working with young people to put on my application that it will be after Christmas and much of the places will be gone: belittling my chances.

What would people recommend? Should I begin my application now regardless and try have it submitted before the new year or would the experience I have now not be enough? Any pointers would be amazing I am so stressed!!!!
Original post by EmiEmi999
Hey! When did you apply?

Hey! I applied on 6th October. :smile:
Hey all! I submitted my application for Msc History yesterday and I can hardly wait to hear back :smile:
Hi! I'm looking to apply for the MScR in Integrative Neuroscience - does anyone know how many places they offer each year? :smile:
Original post by chutney101
Hi! I'm looking to apply for the MScR in Integrative Neuroscience - does anyone know how many places they offer each year? :smile:

Hey! I've found the "What Do They Know" website super useful for all sorts of admissions statistics, not just for Edinburgh but for all UK universities.

According to this FOI request it looks like your program averages ~125 applicants and ~89 offers :smile:
(edited 2 years ago)
Original post by ehn0418

Hi! I applied three weeks ago. My portal has said all details received for about two weeks now...hoping to hear back this week or next.

Update: I received an offer 2 days after posting! It came three weeks three days after I applied.
(edited 2 years ago)
Reply 14
Original post by pharb4life
Hi! I applied three weeks ago. My portal has said all details received for about two weeks now...hoping to hear back this week or next.

Update: I received an offer 2 days after posting! It came three weeks three days after I applied.

Wow congrats!! I'm still waiting for mine. What program you applied?
Reply 15
Hey everyone! Just finished my application for MSc in Finance, Technology and Policy. However, the applicant portal is still showing that some documents are pending - namely, my Bachelor's degree certificate. I am still doing by degree and will not be finished until June next year. The portal says that is fine and I should ignore it but it is making me anxious... Can anybody confirm that they will consider the application even though that document shows it as an "outstanding document that needs uploading"?
Original post by Asyhr98
Wow congrats!! I'm still waiting for mine. What program you applied?

Philosophy!
Original post by omsinghml
Yup! Applied almost 2 weeks ago. Day before yesterday I got an email to provide additional documents which I submitted yesterday. It's all verified now ( as per the applicant portal). Waiting for response now! I applied for MSc in Buisness Analytics, currently completing my Bachelor in Business Administration

hey! Did you receive a reply on your application? I had also applied for MSc Business Analytics in the first deadline and they have currently put my application on hold..
I have applied for MSc Computational Mathematical Finance at U of Edinburgh
Have you guys applied to Warwick as well?

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending