The Student Room Group

Should I do it??

I want to move out, not because I want to but I need to.

To be honest, I didn’t really want to move out because it would take a lot of time and resources and I would have to change my address and gp and take everything with me and notify all my healthcare providers. And I would also have to find a job and settle any costs between me and parents. Like there more reason for me to stay than move out really but…

I absolutely CANNOT STAND MY TOXIC PARENTS like not only they hit and yell at me and my brothers they are also the most obnoxious narcissistic people I have ever met like how can you not believe your daughter have adhd and yelling and hitting me is not going to change my behaviour!!! It’s so bad to the point my mental health and to some extent physical health are being affected and that is something I SHOULD HAVE NEVER DEAL WITH EVER.

I don’t know if I can contract school for support but I kind of need to be on decent terms with my parents if I want to see my extended family cos I haven’t visited china for years and I really want to go cos grandad passed away and the least I can do is visit his graves. My mums got my passport and I don’t know how to renew my Chinese visa.

I’m struggling on what to do here honestly because the only actual reason I want to move out is to escape my toxic parents which is a valid excuse. Even though they actually have good intentions.

there’s is too much benefits to sacrifice not to mention if I actually move I will have a long ass lists of things to do, and it doesn’t help that I also have adhd.

Just any advice will do honestly. Help!!!????
Hey there!
I think you should move out. Your mental health should be your first priority. And having toxic parents like that is not going to help at all.
If it feels like it's too much stress to move out, maybe call over a friend or two and see if they can help you. Also, it always pays to organize beforehand.
Good luck!

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending