The Student Room Group

DWP Visiting Officer

Scroll to see replies

Original post by BabyButler2005
Am in the East Midlands so would go for Ilkeston or Alfreton. How about you ?
I'm in west yorkshire so was looking at Leeds Dewsbury area. When I seen to pick 2 places I thought I hope they don't mean pick north west or north yorkshire because some of the places on them were miles away 🤣
Hi everyone. I also have an interview and I’m so nervous! Mine is the 19th. Happy to share experience with you guys after. Nice to help out 🙂
Hi all, am I right in thinking there’s three behaviours they assess in the interview? Just looked over the advert and it it says behaviours and strengths. Preparing today - so nervous!
Original post by Nancydale1978
Hi all, am I right in thinking there’s three behaviours they assess in the interview? Just looked over the advert and it it says behaviours and strengths. Preparing today - so nervous!
Hi, it’s the 3 listed on the advert x
Hi, it’s the 3 listed on the advert x
Awesome thank you. Have you got an interview? I’m so nervous, but hoping because there’s 128 roles I might be in with a chance. I reckon they will be interviewing loads of people though!
Awesome thank you. Have you got an interview? I’m so nervous, but hoping because there’s 128 roles I might be in with a chance. I reckon they will be interviewing loads of people though!
I have got interview on 18 th, thought I had better get it done and out the way before I change my mind 😂.
I have got interview on 18 th, thought I had better get it done and out the way before I change my mind 😂.
Mines the 19th, agreed on getting it done early 🤣🤣 honestly bricking it, I’ve heard the civil service interviews can be intense. Fingers crossed! Which location are you going for if you get it? I’m East Midlands.
Mines the 19th, agreed on getting it done early 🤣🤣 honestly bricking it, I’ve heard the civil service interviews can be intense. Fingers crossed! Which location are you going for if you get it? I’m East Midlands.
East Midlands for me too, hopefully as this is face to face over teams should be better than the pre-recorded interviews for previous E/O vacancies. Good luck x
East Midlands for me too, hopefully as this is face to face over teams should be better than the pre-recorded interviews for previous E/O vacancies. Good luck x
That’s awesome! Fingers crossed for us both! I’ve started some prep working and making a list of questions I’ve found from Glassdoor. Have you been on there? There’s loads of examples of strength questions etc that the civil service use. Definitely worth a look ☺️
Thanks I will take a look x
How’s everyone going? My friend had her interview today and said she thought it went well. I’m so nervous! Has anyone had theirs yet?
I had mine on Friday, they were really nice. Said results will come out around end of April as they are interviewing up until the middle of April.
Original post by username6839215
Hi everyone. I also have an interview and I’m so nervous! Mine is the 19th. Happy to share experience with you guys after. Nice to help out 🙂

Hi there, how was your interview? would you be able to provide with some tips or if its not too much to tell us what were the questions? Many thanks
Hi all, had my interview this week. It was terrifying - but the panel were lovely. Did any of you guys get follow up questions? I had none!
I've heard some horror stories since my interview 😩 about staff being attacked by either people or dogs and apparently you are a lone worker not in pairs ... don't know how I feel about that
Original post by Ririjade
I've heard some horror stories since my interview 😩 about staff being attacked by either people or dogs and apparently you are a lone worker not in pairs ... don't know how I feel about that

Omg really? Who did you hear from? I’m starting to hear horror stories too!
My friend who works there said people can be expected to travel up to 100 miles a day depending on where they are placed.
Original post by Newbie12579
My friend who works there said people can be expected to travel up to 100 miles a day depending on where they are placed.

100 miles per day????? I thought you was just tied to like one area that was in proximity of the office you was based at? I've just heard on other forums and staff members at work .. I'm second questioning it abit now 🤦*♀️
Original post by Ririjade
100 miles per day????? I thought you was just tied to like one area that was in proximity of the office you was based at? I've just heard on other forums and staff members at work .. I'm second questioning it abit now 🤦*♀️

It depends where you are placed. So you get 3 choices but people with higher scores choose their preferred location first. If you go on the advert, there’s a PowerPoint about the job and it confirms that locations are based on merit. So you could end up being far away from where you want. I’m also considering whether or not it’s worth it. Ideally wanted hybrid but by the sounds of it, we would be out all day. The working hours in a day are longer than I expected too - can’t remember them exactly but they are on an attachment on the advert
Original post by Newbie12579
It depends where you are placed. So you get 3 choices but people with higher scores choose their preferred location first. If you go on the advert, there’s a PowerPoint about the job and it confirms that locations are based on merit. So you could end up being far away from where you want. I’m also considering whether or not it’s worth it. Ideally wanted hybrid but by the sounds of it, we would be out all day. The working hours in a day are longer than I expected too - can’t remember them exactly but they are on an attachment on the advert

I don't remember seeing the working hours I thought the job said flexi ... I already work hybrid and I am already EO plus HEO TDA when my manager is on holiday ... it sounds as though it might not be worth my while ... are you already dwp too?

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending