The Student Room Group

DWP Visiting Officer

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Ririjade
I don't remember seeing the working hours I thought the job said flexi ... I already work hybrid and I am already EO plus HEO TDA when my manager is on holiday ... it sounds as though it might not be worth my while ... are you already dwp too?

I’m assuming you can plan your visits in those times, really not sure how it works! If you go on your application, you can go on the advert and there’s 4 attachments. The third one says the working times on there. I’m not DWP but I have friends who work there who were able to give me an insight. There’s not much online about the job so it’s hard to know what it will really be like 🫣
Original post by BabyButler2005
I have got interview on 18 th, thought I had better get it done and out the way before I change my mind 😂.

how did it went? could you share tips or perhaps few questions that you remember you've been asked? Thank you . I have mine tomorrow for Southern Brighton
Original post by Ge0rg1a888
how did it went? could you share tips or perhaps few questions that you remember you've been asked? Thank you . I have mine tomorrow for Southern Brighton

I can remember some ... one was how do you deal with set backs and another was tell me a time you have made a decision which has impacted someone else .. can't really remember the others my mind is a blur 🤣 x
I can remember some ... one was how do you deal with set backs and another was tell me a time you have made a decision which has impacted someone else .. can't really remember the others my mind is a blur 🤣 x

thank you so much. and for the strengths, do they ask questions like why do you think you are good for this role, or what makes you a good match for the role?
thank you so much. and for the strengths, do they ask questions like why do you think you are good for this role, or what makes you a good match for the role?

No nothing like that... the strength question I got was how do you deal with set backs and can't remember the other
How’s everyone going? Still can’t believe we won’t find out if interview was successful until middle of April!
Original post by Newbie12579
How’s everyone going? Still can’t believe we won’t find out if interview was successful until middle of April!

Did they tell you this in interview? When did you have yours? I was told end of April!
Did they tell you this in interview? When did you have yours? I was told end of April!

They said middle April to end! Sorry should’ve mentioned thath haha how did your interview go? Did they ask any follow up questions?

I've been told today in a few weeks, so that could mean end of april..but I am fine with that.
I've been told today in a few weeks, so that could mean end of april..but I am fine with that.

How did your interview go? Not sure if its the same 2 people interviewing everyone? My interview was with 2 women called sharron and Karen
How did your interview go? Not sure if its the same 2 people interviewing everyone? My interview was with 2 women called sharron and Karen

I can't remember their name ,but there were 2 women as well in my interview. They asked me what have I done recently with passion. The other questions I can't remember I was quite stressed I can admit, couldn't even sleep properly the night before the interview
I can't remember their name ,but there were 2 women as well in my interview. They asked me what have I done recently with passion. The other questions I can't remember I was quite stressed I can admit, couldn't even sleep properly the night before the interview

Awww it's nerve raking isn't it .. I felt fine up until 10 mins before and I thought oh god 😂 I think I stopped for air once throughout the whole interview 🤦*♀️
I was worried as I wasn’t asked any follow up questions, but apparently this is a good sign that you met the criteria
Original post by Newbie12579
I was worried as I wasn’t asked any follow up questions, but apparently this is a good sign that you met the criteria

I have been asked follow up questions ☹️ I supposed is not that good? I guess I was not straight to the point they were looking for and perhaps they were trying to understand the process of my actions in x situation and that why they asked me follow up questions. I don't know, but its not worth stressing, because there's a month until we get the results. If it is to be for me the job will be
I have been asked follow up questions ☹️ I supposed is not that good? I guess I was not straight to the point they were looking for and perhaps they were trying to understand the process of my actions in x situation and that why they asked me follow up questions. I don't know, but its not worth stressing, because there's a month until we get the results. If it is to be for me the job will be
don’t worry! I asked my friend and she said they ask follow up questions to help you get more points!

I wouldn't worry, I got asked a follow up question .. the question was in that scenario was there another option I could have done ..it was the scenario I wrote for my personal statement to which I was graded a 6 overall so after the STAR method if you want to get a 6 or a 7 instead of a 4 you might say what you would have done differently in that scenario if given the opportunity again so I can't say I am worried given I got a 6 in my personal statement based on the same scenario
I wouldn't worry, I got asked a follow up question .. the question was in that scenario was there another option I could have done ..it was the scenario I wrote for my personal statement to which I was graded a 6 overall so after the STAR method if you want to get a 6 or a 7 instead of a 4 you might say what you would have done differently in that scenario if given the opportunity again so I can't say I am worried given I got a 6 in my personal statement based on the same scenario

personal statement I got 4 overall ..I used different examples than I used in the application. We'll see, I've done my best. Which area would you choose if you get the job ?Central? southern , northwest?
Yes it seems follow up questions aren’t not a bad thing. They gave me quite a lot of information on the job and asked me some questions at the end - it was more of a chat about preferred location etc wasn’t part of the interview but they gave me a lot of information about daily roles and how I would be supported doing the job
They also said they don’t take the application into account once you get to interview - so it doesn’t matter if you score 4 or 6 - they will use your interview score to decide if you are successful or not
The wait is killing me 🤣🤣 hope we find out sooner rather than later

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending