The Student Room Group
Carr Saunders Halls, LSE
London School of Economics
London

LSE transferring to Maths and Economics in 2nd year

got an offer for pure economics but really want to make the course as quantitative as possible so what are the chances this transfer gets approved, ASSUMING I get the relevant scores for the modules I take in first year (I have checked, I can take the modules which allow me to transfer)

Obviously its ultimately up to the uni but has anyone done this before and succeeded? Is it a low chance of success?
Original post by Anonymous #1
got an offer for pure economics but really want to make the course as quantitative as possible so what are the chances this transfer gets approved, ASSUMING I get the relevant scores for the modules I take in first year (I have checked, I can take the modules which allow me to transfer)

Obviously its ultimately up to the uni but has anyone done this before and succeeded? Is it a low chance of success?

Pure econ has many more benefits at LSE, such as having modules that only pure econ students can take - which students on Maths and Econ can't. If you want your degree to be as quantitative as possible, I suggest you should stick with pure econ, and then go through the process (of which I am not fully aware) of applying to Econometrics and Mathematical Economics in your third year. Look it up, but basically this course is completely cracked and insanely difficult, however it's the most quantitative undergrad econ course at the uni most definitely.
Carr Saunders Halls, LSE
London School of Economics
London
Reply 2
Original post by Anonymous #2
Pure econ has many more benefits at LSE, such as having modules that only pure econ students can take - which students on Maths and Econ can't. If you want your degree to be as quantitative as possible, I suggest you should stick with pure econ, and then go through the process (of which I am not fully aware) of applying to Econometrics and Mathematical Economics in your third year. Look it up, but basically this course is completely cracked and insanely difficult, however it's the most quantitative undergrad econ course at the uni most definitely.

Thanks for the suggestion, what modules are exclusive to pure econ and are they quantitative?
Secondly, do u think Econometrics & Mathematical Economics in 3rd year would put me in a better position for quantitative roles like QIS and exotic derivative trading desks and maybe even quant trading etc? (Ik there's lots more to do e.g. coding, projects, internships but I'm just asking about the degree)
If you’re thinking about it now, ask them before you enrol.

Always a bad idea to start a course with the intention of transferring.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending