The Student Room Group

Is it better to memorize mark schemes or understand the question and do it again

Im thinking about memorising mark schemes as most of the tests in my school are questions from the topic tests on pmt.Should I?
Original post by ikaziye
Im thinking about memorising mark schemes as most of the tests in my school are questions from the topic tests on pmt.Should I?

It depends on your objective. If you goal is do well in school tests (without having to actually understand the subject), then memorising mark schemes is a reasonable approach.

If, however, you want to ultimately do well in external exams then it'd be far better to actually understand the question (and the answer, obviously).
Reply 2
Original post by DataVenia
It depends on your objective. If you goal is do well in school tests (without having to actually understand the subject), then memorising mark schemes is a reasonable approach.

If, however, you want to ultimately do well in external exams then it'd be far better to actually understand the question (and the answer, obviously).

Ok thank you
Reply 3
Original post by ikaziye

No, you need to understand the ideas. Topics tests are straightforward compared to exam questions.
Reply 4
Original post by Muttley79
No, you need to understand the ideas. Topics tests are straightforward compared to exam questions.

Thanks

Quick Reply

Latest