The Student Room Group

English literature notes

Hi I am currently in year 11 I am predicted a grade 7 in English literature and a 6 in English language. I want to push these up to at least an 8 in my final GCSEs. Any tips on what I can do? Also for English literature I am planning to make mindmaps on characters and themes from the notes on physics and maths tutor. Are those notes sufficient or will I need other resources as well? I am studying Macbeth, Inspector Calls, Dr Jekyll and Mr Hyde and power and Conflict poetry.
Original post by Ace2304
Hi I am currently in year 11 I am predicted a grade 7 in English literature and a 6 in English language. I want to push these up to at least an 8 in my final GCSEs. Any tips on what I can do? Also for English literature I am planning to make mindmaps on characters and themes from the notes on physics and maths tutor. Are those notes sufficient or will I need other resources as well? I am studying Macbeth, Inspector Calls, Dr Jekyll and Mr Hyde and power and Conflict poetry.

Hey! For English literature have you learnt any quotes? These are crucial and your mind maps are great for an understand but it is the micro analysis that gets you all of the marks!
Reply 2
Original post by Ace2304

Hi I would definitely recommend Mr salles for English I was stuck on a grade 7 all through year 11 but literally right at the end my friend recommended me salles and I got a 9 in lit and Lang. For my notes I used mostly physics and maths tutor and a bit of the CGP guides and mr bruff (but mainly physics and maths tutor) but it wasn’t enough to get me top grades, I think because I didn’t have the right technique. I preferred character/ theme cards to mindmaps but. I guess whatever works for you. I’ve attached a link to my character cards for an inspector calls as an example. Hopefully it works! Good luck on your GCSEs. https://public.db.files.1drv.com/y4mVeeX6ara6dxEZJW7nBaU_6vUjfYPV5lVCZ1H1n4p7zv0-UfQXpKuw24CKtQFHpLwN24pWCmpsvHsiOCaCCpZee9vk7QuChgRZe7NqaCjariok-F3Hka_7qzwa71L8yhtnWWT5T0oXj9tDVk5P4pUPQSpIazM9BDBR1XopJvmbeL1i8DzRlylSNUUmTKGh7a9oZXoH49adNcf93q-zkTil7Flnd-U7YaaIRClgDsf85I?AVOverride=1
(edited 2 months ago)
Original post by Tse78
Hi I would definitely recommend Mr salles for English I was stuck on a grade 7 all through year 11 but literally right at the end my friend recommended me salles and I got a 9 in lit and Lang. For my notes I used mostly physics and maths tutor and a bit of the CGP guides and mr bruff (but mainly physics and maths tutor) but it wasn’t enough to get me top grades, I think because I didn’t have the right technique. I preferred character/ theme cards to mindmaps but. I guess whatever works for you. I’ve attached a link to my character cards for an inspector calls as an example. Hopefully it works! Good luck on your GCSEs. https://public.db.files.1drv.com/y4mVeeX6ara6dxEZJW7nBaU_6vUjfYPV5lVCZ1H1n4p7zv0-UfQXpKuw24CKtQFHpLwN24pWCmpsvHsiOCaCCpZee9vk7QuChgRZe7NqaCjariok-F3Hka_7qzwa71L8yhtnWWT5T0oXj9tDVk5P4pUPQSpIazM9BDBR1XopJvmbeL1i8DzRlylSNUUmTKGh7a9oZXoH49adNcf93q-zkTil7Flnd-U7YaaIRClgDsf85I?AVOverride=1
hii this link does not work

Quick Reply

Latest