The Student Room Group

Confused about date

So I texted this girl which I saw a lot in my accom and we really didn’t talk much too much just brief conversations. I like her a lot, so I got the courage to text her (would of done it in person but I don’t see her everyday), ask her for coffee said I want to get to know her better. She she’d love to but she is busy for the next couple of weeks. She didn’t give an exact times. Should I continue texting her or should I wait for her to get back and take this as a rejection. I’m crushing hard and I don’t want to screw up. I’m fairly new to the whole dating game
Honestly I think this is likely a polite no.

Check in with her briefly in a fortnight but don’t expect much of it.
She said she would be down after the couple of weeks but not an exact time
Original post by Admit-One
Honestly I think this is likely a polite no.

Check in with her briefly in a fortnight but don’t expect much of it.

Why would she say I would love to?
Original post by Rltnshiploser
She said she would be down after the couple of weeks but not an exact time

Yes
Original post by Askthetutorial
Why would she say I would love to?

Because very few people would say "No, I'm not interested in that".

Maybe she was being genuine and you'll have good news in 2wks.
Original post by Admit-One
Because very few people would say "No, I'm not interested in that".

Maybe she was being genuine and you'll have good news in 2wks.

Yeh I guessed you’re right…
She is going away this week, and then she is busy for a couple weeks after that, so I will have good news within the next month or so lol
Original post by Anonymous #1
Wow you're so rude. Behave

She seems nice enough… and tbf it is half term and she does law and I do med, both demanding courses . But I have at least an afternoon off for coffee
Reply 8
Busy is not an encouraging word in an asking out context, but there was some positive aspects about her message too. I would follow up in a couple of weeks and see how it goes

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending