The Student Room Group

IBM Degree Apprenticeship 2024

Didnt see any thread for IBM so anyone else applied?

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
Original post by chetan11313
Yeah i was fortune enough to apply for Digital and Tech. It closed to fast.
Original post by M.Bxh14

It was only open for a day. I feel a little silly not applying to it. I could've but decided I wouldn't bother. I probably should've
Reply 3
Original post by M.Bxh14
Any replies?
Reply 4
Any replies from initial application?
Reply 5
Original post by Hebdbdb
No, only recieved an email saying my application form was complete 2 weeks ago. I would've thought we would get a quick response as the window to apply was so small so not many could've applied. But I am guessing they're taking their time to choose as the next stage is literally the interview and thats it. So they need to reduce their numbers down by quite alot. I might send a follow up email but most the time the response is "We have a high volume of applications" so its better to wait another week or two.
Reply 6
Original post by Hebdbdb
Nope havent got any replies yet still waiting it was only open for a day they made these apprenticeship applications like raffles now its crazy
Reply 7
Its so weirdly competitive. The DTS literally opened for 3 hours. Im sure they closed it after receiving 50-100 applications.
Original post by M.Bxh14
Its so weirdly competitive. The DTS literally opened for 3 hours. Im sure they closed it after receiving 50-100 applications.
Is this the one that opened up earlier this month and closed after a day? ik someone who applied to the same IBM degree apprenticeship last year for digital tech and it was around this time. They said it closes after a day and there is like this application form you do (you probably already have done it) but after that like mentioned above it's legit straight to the final stage which consists of a 1 to 1 interview and a group assessment centre. The reason why they close applications after like 1 day is because the start date for these roles is in March so they need to move quick
Original post by CurryCurry2468
Is this the one that opened up earlier this month and closed after a day? ik someone who applied to the same IBM degree apprenticeship last year for digital tech and it was around this time. They said it closes after a day and there is like this application form you do (you probably already have done it) but after that like mentioned above it's legit straight to the final stage which consists of a 1 to 1 interview and a group assessment centre. The reason why they close applications after like 1 day is because the start date for these roles is in March so they need to move quick

Yeah it's exactly that one
Reply 10
Yeah your right. They had starting dates for April. I selected September Start date on the form. Do you know when they start to run AC.
Original post by M.Bxh14
Yeah your right. They had starting dates for April. I selected September Start date on the form. Do you know when they start to run AC.
Tbh not sure but for April start dates, the AC’s take place pretty soon apparently like a week or 2 after u apply and for September start dates it’s later I think
I think you can still register to apply via the website - IBM runs an Agile process for recruitment. So you register and then they contact you to apply (apols if you already know this). There is an online presentation that shows how to register (toward the end)
Original post by j0nnymax
I think you can still register to apply via the website - IBM runs an Agile process for recruitment. So you register and then they contact you to apply (apols if you already know this). There is an online presentation that shows how to register (toward the end)
Here it is - https://bit.ly/IntroSBJMcN
Original post by M.Bxh14
Did you hear anything back from them?
Reply 15
Original post by gustavo123
Did you hear anything back from them?
Nothing yet. They’re currently working on applicants who chosen April Start. I contacted the recruiter and she said in a couple weeks, they will be sending AC for the September Applicants.
Original post by M.Bxh14
Nothing yet. They’re currently working on applicants who chosen April Start. I contacted the recruiter and she said in a couple weeks, they will be sending AC for the September Applicants.

Is it a guaranteed invite to the AC or upon further review of the application as some people have been rejected already
its not guaranteed its probably upon further review of the application. And has anyone heard back ? for ac dates
Original post by gustavo123
Is it a guaranteed invite to the AC or upon further review of the application as some people have been rejected already
Which strand did you guys go for
Cyber security or IT consultancy
Reply 19
its not guaranteed its probably upon further review of the application. And has anyone heard back ? for ac dates
Ive seen someone with a AC on the 12th March. Its because he selected the April start date. For all September start date applicants, we will hear back around Early April for AC

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending