The Student Room Group

Applying for training contracts after PGDL SQE

Hello, I've recently decided to do the GDL starting in September so I am late in applying to Vacation Schemes and Training Contracts. I know most non-law students are advised to start applying in their last year but since I am finishing up my last term and have missed the cycles would it put me at a disadvantage if I applied next cycle?
Original post by rabiyahda123
Hello, I've recently decided to do the GDL starting in September so I am late in applying to Vacation Schemes and Training Contracts. I know most non-law students are advised to start applying in their last year but since I am finishing up my last term and have missed the cycles would it put me at a disadvantage if I applied next cycle?
Hi @rabiyahda123

There is no one way to go about qualifying as a solicitor and the same goes for applying to TCs. Seeing as you have missed the cycles, I simply wouldn't worry about it and apply next cycle and see what happens. There are plenty of opportunities to get the funding, experience and other aspects required to qualify and so I wouldn't see it as a disadvantage and a door shut.

I hope this helps and good luck!

Sophie 🙂

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending