The Student Room Group

Difficulty of getting into ULaw PGDL (London)

I have a 2:2 (2.97 GPA from a US college); I understand that this meets the requirement for the PGDL, but how difficult is admission these days? I have read various accounts of this, with some posters here saying that as long as you can pay the tuition fees, I should get in with a 2:2.

This is for Sept 2024 full time and in person.

Thank you.

EDIT: And how long after applying can I expect to hear back from them?
(edited 2 months ago)
Original post by hailmary
I have a 2:2 (2.97 GPA from a US college); I understand that this meets the requirement for the PGDL, but how difficult is admission these days? I have read various accounts of this, with some posters here saying that as long as you can pay the tuition fees, I should get in with a 2:2.

This is for Sept 2024 full time and in person.

Thank you.

EDIT: And how long after applying can I expect to hear back from them?

Hi @hailmary,

There is no hard-fast rule that would guarantee that you would get an offer. However, the requirement is there for a reason. As you have met it, if you write a personal statement that demonstrates your desire to convert to law and why you wish to study with us, then there is no reason why you wouldn't be able to succeed in obtaining an offer!

There is also the requirement to have two references as part of the application process, and these are a really valuable way of showing that you are a committed individual etc. that Ulaw would want to have on their course.

I applied for the PGDL last year and was given an offer around a week after applying, so the turn around is very fast if you do decide to go for it. In my class, there were people with all sorts of backgrounds, past grades and from different degrees so there certainly isn't a one-student fits the mould ideology at Ulaw.

I hope this helps and good luck!

Sophie 🙂
Reply 2
Original post by UniofLaw Student
Hi @hailmary,

There is no hard-fast rule that would guarantee that you would get an offer. However, the requirement is there for a reason. As you have met it, if you write a personal statement that demonstrates your desire to convert to law and why you wish to study with us, then there is no reason why you wouldn't be able to succeed in obtaining an offer!

There is also the requirement to have two references as part of the application process, and these are a really valuable way of showing that you are a committed individual etc. that Ulaw would want to have on their course.

I applied for the PGDL last year and was given an offer around a week after applying, so the turn around is very fast if you do decide to go for it. In my class, there were people with all sorts of backgrounds, past grades and from different degrees so there certainly isn't a one-student fits the mould ideology at Ulaw.

Sophie 🙂

Hi Sophie,

Thanks for the response - however I applied for full time PgDL at Bloomsbury and Moorgate, and the Lawcabs site did NOT ask me to submit any references. In fact, it specifically says that: "Reference isn't required. A reference is not needed for this application."

Is this an error and should I contact ULaw about it, or is this a newly dropped requirement for 2024 intake?
Original post by hailmary
Hi Sophie,

Thanks for the response - however I applied for full time PgDL at Bloomsbury and Moorgate, and the Lawcabs site did NOT ask me to submit any references. In fact, it specifically says that: "Reference isn't required. A reference is not needed for this application."

Is this an error and should I contact ULaw about it, or is this a newly dropped requirement for 2024 intake?

Hi,

I am very sorry, this is my mistake! The process has changed and there is no longer a need for a reference. If you follow the LawCAB application, then that should all be okay. Sorry for any confusion caused 🙂
Reply 4
Original post by UniofLaw Student
Hi @hailmary,

Sophie 🙂
hello, I made an application for the LLM SQE 1&2 online programme. I understand the requirements are the same for the pgDL, although you also need to show knowledge of the 7 core law modules. i have legal experience and have been at the university for nearly 2 years now. I am about to complete the pgDL in June but to my surprise my application for the LLM SQE got rejected. I wanted to pursue the course for the civil procedures module together with modules of other areas of law that I want to practise in. I also understand that the online campus is widely managed by Indians. My question is are they trained for this job? Most of them do not understand simple English and ask me to repeat my sentence. This is not fair on students.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending