The Student Room Group

A level options

I'm thinking of doing math, further maths, physics but i'm not really sure abt my fourth subject (our school requires us to choose one), i'm currently between econ and chem. pls give me some advice :smile:
Reply 1
And is econ rlly hard to get an a*? or is chemistry harder
(edited 1 month ago)
Original post by yi123456
And is econ rlly hard to get an a*? or is chemistry harder
Chem is harder
Depends on what degree/career you want to do in the future

engineering you could pick either but I would probably pick chemistry (especially if you want to go into chem eng/materials).

If you want to go into maths/computing you could pick either.

If you want to go into any of the physical sciences (I.e physics) I would pick chemistry.

Finance/econ pick econ (obviously)

If it’s either just pick the one you’re more interested in. Just a heads up, chemistry a level is quite different to GCSE chemistry.
Reply 4
Original post by lanky_giraffe
Depends on what degree/career you want to do in the future

engineering you could pick either but I would probably pick chemistry (especially if you want to go into chem eng/materials).

If you want to go into maths/computing you could pick either.

If you want to go into any of the physical sciences (I.e physics) I would pick chemistry.

Finance/econ pick econ (obviously)

If it’s either just pick the one you’re more interested in. Just a heads up, chemistry a level is quite different to GCSE chemistry.
tysm!!!! i think im going to do econ then
Econ is more interesting than chem in my opinion and the content is also easier. Econ is an essay based subject tho (with quite a few diagrams/graph).

Quick Reply

Latest