The Student Room Group

how to self teach A level mathematics

Hi, I want self teach myself Maths by simply using youtube and FREE online resources. I would also like to no where to start and how to start this journey.
Original post by Davui
Hi, I want self teach myself Maths by simply using youtube and FREE online resources. I would also like to no where to start and how to start this journey.

Hi @Davui

I would start by finding out what exam board you want to follow. For example, Pearson Edexcel or AQA? Once you know that you can look at their specification. This will include all the topics you will need to learn, essentially an overview of the content.

You need to be very organised if you want to successfully teach yourself A Level Mathematics. So find a way that works for you to ensure you have all your progress in one place so that you can easily look back on your work to revise. Set aside some time every day to focus on doing some Maths.

It might be worth buying some second-hand revision books too.

Good luck!

Anastasia,
BCU Student Rep.
Original post by Davui
Physics and maths tutor has good targeted resources and detailed notes, though, for past papers, I would recommend revision world
(edited 2 months ago)
Reply 3
Original post by BCU Student Rep
Hi @Davui

I would start by finding out what exam board you want to follow. For example, Pearson Edexcel or AQA? Once you know that you can look at their specification. This will include all the topics you will need to learn, essentially an overview of the content.

You need to be very organised if you want to successfully teach yourself A Level Mathematics. So find a way that works for you to ensure you have all your progress in one place so that you can easily look back on your work to revise. Set aside some time every day to focus on doing some Maths.

It might be worth buying some second-hand revision books too.

Good luck!

Anastasia,
BCU Student Rep.
Thanks a lot I already chose my exam board and it will be AQA. I'm wondering if the specification will change by 2025 or will it remain the same?
Thanks.

Quick Reply

Latest