The Student Room Group

A-level and GCSE requirements for biomedical science?

Helpp, I really want to become a forensic pathologist and have decided to follow the biomedical science route instead of the medicine/doctor route.
The issue is that I got quite average grades in my GCSE sciences
Biology- 5
Physics- 5
Chemistry- 4
I’m not sure I meet the demand for A-level biology, which is important in securing me in the university course.
I’m thinking of retaking my GCSE biology and any other between physics and chemistry, so I could get into a-level?
I’m not really sure, and it’s just giving me a lot of confusion and stress.
I’m 16 and in Yr 12.
Sorry you've not had any responses about this. :frown: Are you sure you've posted in the right place? :smile: Here's a link to our subject forum which should help get you more responses if you post there. :redface:
Reply 2
Original post by Carmenjans
Helpp, I really want to become a forensic pathologist and have decided to follow the biomedical science route instead of the medicine/doctor route.
The issue is that I got quite average grades in my GCSE sciences
Biology- 5
Physics- 5
Chemistry- 4
I’m not sure I meet the demand for A-level biology, which is important in securing me in the university course.
I’m thinking of retaking my GCSE biology and any other between physics and chemistry, so I could get into a-level?
I’m not really sure, and it’s just giving me a lot of confusion and stress.
I’m 16 and in Yr 12.

Hey what did you get in your maths because sometimes colleges accept students that did average on their sciences but got a A or something in maths to get on A-level biology.

Quick Reply

Latest