The Student Room Group

glasgow uni (LAW) rejections?

Scroll to see replies

Original post by anonymous8876
i’m so sorry!! we’re you contextual?
No, I am non-contextual and a home student. They seem to be letting in more foreign students who can pay rather than home students + widening access students in Scotland always have priority and are always given and offer regardless of their grades... Everyone I've talked to that already go to Glasgow Uni say that the system is heavily rigged- good luck to anyone who is still waiting tho! Sorry to be miserable T-T
(edited 1 month ago)
Original post by Zesty lemon
Wait what’s the LNAT ? I’m in S5 and want to do law at Glasgow but have never of this before ????:smile:
Search it up, there is info online and practice papers!! :smile: many unis have an aptitude test that helps rule out unsuitable candidates (especially for oversubscribed/prestigious courses like Law or Medicine etc). The LNAT is a requirement for a small number of universities in the UK, Glasgow being one of them
Original post by maria16428
No, I am non-contextual and a home student. They seem to be letting in more foreign students who can pay rather than home students + widening access students in Scotland always have priority and are always given and offer regardless of their grades... Everyone I've talked to that already go to Glasgow Uni say that the system is heavily rigged- good luck to anyone who is still waiting tho! Sorry to be miserable T-T
so sorry that you’re going through this atm, you’ll do brill elsewhere!!
scot’s law and i just found out i got rejected tho !! literally just yesterday! :frown:
i got rejected too! ugh i can’t believe they reject people because of the LNAT
Original post by fefhghjhbdsxcc
Sorry to hear that 😕 It's so upsetting when you've put in so much hard work and got such good grades elsewhere. Hopefully you have other offers to fall back on- best of luck x
so sorry that you’re going through this atm, you’ll do brill elsewhere!!
Thank you !!

When did you receive the rejection?
what was ur lnat if you don’t mind me asking x
Search it up, there is info online and practice papers!! :smile: many unis have an aptitude test that helps rule out unsuitable candidates (especially for oversubscribed/prestigious courses like Law or Medicine etc). The LNAT is a requirement for a small number of universities in the UK, Glasgow being one of them
Thank you I’ve googled it ( dreading it now ) do u have any tips for it? Like how long should i revise for it?
Thank you I’ve googled it ( dreading it now ) do u have any tips for it? Like how long should i revise for it?
It is quite hard, so do not be disheartened. I read ALL THE TIME and i still only got 16... my advice is splurge on past papers and tutors online and whatnot. It is worth it. My one regret is not having the funds to afford a tutor to help me. As for time, spend a good 4-5 months prepping. Honestly, if you get a really good LNAT score then you will most likely get into your dream uni. Anywhere from 24 is considered good (it is hard to get any more than that in most peoples cases)
I honestly think everyone is different. In that for me personally it wasn't like an exam I could revise for, felt to me like I either got the questions or didn't and I think I could have practiced a lot more than I did and not scored any higher

I think it's crucial you understand the way the questions are worded and get used to that for sure and that you're also doing them under timed conditions. Time goes very fast in the LNAT. Ditto the essay section. Practice writing one (a few times) under timed conditions.

I only used free resources online and spent maybe a couple of hours once a week on it for a couple of months before I took it. I got 31 and was happy with that. As I say though everyone is different but that's what worked for me. Good luck with it!
Reply 31
Oh no what score did you get?
Anyone heard anything today?
Original post by Hopefulug
Anyone heard anything today?
Nothing here yet
Original post by MollieMcKezie
Nothing here yet

It’s torture now..hoping it’s going to be this week given the offer holders day is next week
Original post by Hopefulug
It’s torture now..hoping it’s going to be this week given the offer holders day is next week
Yeah just want to know one way or the other now too. Best of luck!
A good LNat unfortunately doesn't guarantee entry. My nephew got 26 in his and was rejected because he didn't have 5 As.
Original post by Bluebell31
A good LNat unfortunately doesn't guarantee entry. My nephew got 26 in his and was rejected because he didn't have 5 As.
was he a contextual student?
Original post by Bluebell31

When did he get the rejection
was he a contextual student?
No not contextual

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending