Exeter

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
Yes, everyone does.
Students at Cornwall campus, University of Exeter
University of Exeter
Exeter
Reply 2
ive also just got this email. i dont think everyone gets it as you have to have password to recieve the application form and the website says about being eligible for it. also none of my friends with offers to exeter have got one (yet). i may be wrong though...
Reply 3
I got this email through "inviting" me to apply for this scholarship.

It's for good academic stuff but more so about excellence in something else - volunteering/leadership, entrepreneurship or excellence in music/sport.

I guess mine is music because i couldn't say i "excel" in anything else!!

Who else got this? Is it a circular?
Reply 4
it's for good students, but i think you have to be a huge charity/organising person to get it - you get 5 grand for god's sake, i think they want you to do A LOT of stuff extra curricular wise
So this is a genuine, selective incentive rather than something that everyone's going to be receiving in the next few weeks?
Reply 6
If I remember correcrtly I got sent this last year..
Reply 7
cassiusitsover
So this is a genuine, selective incentive rather than something that everyone's going to be receiving in the next few weeks?

I could be mistaken but I think everyone receives one!
Reply 8
CocoBean
I could be mistaken but I think everyone receives one!

im not so sure they do. all friends with offers who have been predicted AAA i have recieved one, but no one with lower predicted grades i dont think. i might be wrong. also, if everyone recieved one why is the application form password protected?
Reply 9
Oh ok then, I'm not 100% sure maybe its changed this year or something! Good luck though :biggrin:
Reply 10
Does anyone know approximatly (sp?) how many people apply for this?
Reply 11
hmm just found a thread from last year saying 400 applied; 10 scholarships (eek)
Reply 12
Everyone who is predicted (or has achieved for those haveing already completed A Levels) AAA will be sent an application. If you do something (as on on literature about the Scholarship) that is impressive then apply.

However, I don't think it is for people to apply to just for representing the school chess team!
Yeah, i just got one aswell i was like "you're really trying to persuade to go there arn't you?" - they've even sent me one of those sports ones aswell :s

I dunno, i was initially thinking i'd rather go notts maybe if i got 3As than Exeter. i duno...
I think only people with predicted grades of AAA get it, going by the people in my school at least. I'm going to apply for it, nothing to lose and if successful, there's a lot of money up for grabs !
Reply 15
What i don't get is how you're supposed to show "leadership/entrepreneurial-ship/volunteering" -what are you supposed to do for this?? it also says "show commitment/potential" in the above but i'm not sure what would class as leadership etc. Anybody got any ideas? :s-smilie:
Reply 16
Yeah, I got this and I'm not remotely excellent in anything (I don't do any sports or music and while I do a BIT of volunteer work, I don't think it's gonna impress anybody), so I imagine they send it to everyone.
what's the deadline for this?
30th January 2009 :smile:
Reply 19
Everyone gets it-most of my friends have been given a conditional for Exeter and they all have one, e.g. my mate needs AAB for law and she got sent one as well as myself and I need AAA for history :biggrin:

Latest

Trending

Trending