The Student Room Group

Am I right to feel annoyed about this at work?

I work as a radiology assistant at the hospital in my town and in ultrasound when patients turn up on the wrong day we are still expected to see them. I don't think we should have to see them unless there is a very good reason like they have come from a ward and need an urgent ultrasound scan or if they have the wrong time and date on their letter or if they seem a bit old and confused then ok see what we can do. Other then what I have just said I don't think we should have to mess our list up because patients didn't read their letter. I know this might sound a bit heartless but I do feel it is the truth.
Original post by Anonymous
I work as a radiology assistant at the hospital in my town and in ultrasound when patients turn up on the wrong day we are still expected to see them. I don't think we should have to see them unless there is a very good reason like they have come from a ward and need an urgent ultrasound scan or if they have the wrong time and date on their letter or if they seem a bit old and confused then ok see what we can do. Other then what I have just said I don't think we should have to mess our list up because patients didn't read their letter. I know this might sound a bit heartless but I do feel it is the truth.

I agree. If people can turn up whenever, and expect to have an ultrasound done, then what's the point in booking appointments in the first place?

However, the appointment letter needs to make the date and time of the appointment extremely clear - in bold at the top of the letter. Not buried within a mass of text.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending