The Student Room Group

TSR Book Club Asks...What are your favourite books?

Scroll to see replies

Original post by emm4nuella

Spoiler

Spoiler

Ik Im a bit late but I don't have fav so Im just gonna list them down:
Series of Unfortunate Event
Shatter Me series
Stalking Jack the Ripper series
Percy Jackson
Six of Crows
The Periodic Table - Primo Levi
David Copperfield - Charles Dickens

TBH i cant think of anymore but ye
My fave has to be Six of Crows or any of the books from the AGGGTM series!
(edited 1 month ago)
Original post by scar-the-queen
my fave has to be six of crows or any of the books from the agggtm series!
omgg yess i forgot abt that especially the last book!!!
Yesssss the SoC fandom is growing!
Original post by study23!
It's been a few years for me too but I think I hated all of the characters. The start was too flowery, I predicted who the killer was immediately (and with murder mysteries I don't actually try and figure it out lol), some of the relationships between characters felt like they were put there to be more interesting or it just wasn't developed enough, and none of the characters felt like real people to me (apart from maybe Gavin). Funnily as I write this I can remember big parts of the plot even though I normally forget plots after I've read books lol which proves how much it was etched into my mind. And I don't normally hate books, my friends who've read it enjoyed it, but I guess it wasn't for me. I'm not one of those toxic book haters though who will hate you for liking it tho lol.
I think I have the second inheritance games book, everyone is raving about it so I'll have to put it on my tbr
haha fair enough! i really need to reread it tbh as I probably will have a different opinion about it now and I couldn't even give you a reason why I liked it so much at the time
Original post by Tatakae L
Its no longer a triology loll, its become 4 books and the 5th one is coming out soon. I need to buy the 5th when it comes out and add it to my shelf.
have you read the fourth one? i have it but haven't got round to reading yet but tbh i'm a bit nervous to read it as I loved the first three so much and don't want to be disappointed by the next one
Original post by emmab0488
have you read the fourth one? i have it but haven't got round to reading yet but tbh i'm a bit nervous to read it as I loved the first three so much and don't want to be disappointed by the next one
its acc sat on my shelf, but to read it I want to re read the whole set because I dont want to feel like I am missing anything. So no I havent read it yet. And also same Im so scared but her books are apparently all amazing so I dont think I will be disapointed.
Reply 47
•The Lobizona/Cazadora duology by Romina Garber- so well written, amazing protagonist, beautiful world building. Just amazing.
•The Raybearer/Redemptor duology by Jordan Ifueko- I had mad respect for the main character and the whole plot was amazing.
•The Grace Year by Kim Liggett- some of the best writing ever. So immersive. Her other books are good too: the Unfortunates had me in tears.

Honourable mentions:
The Waking Land Trilogy by Callie Bates: overall really good but the characters were a bit bland. Other than that amazing!
•The silence of the girls/women of Troy duology by Pat Barker- so well written but also so disturbing.
•The Kiss Quotient Trilogy by Helen Hoang- look, I don’t usually like explicit books, but this is genuinely the only good autism rep (as an autistic girl) I have ever seen: and it makes me so happy.
•The Complete Enneagram by Dr Beatrice Chestnut- I know nonfiction probably wasn’t intended on this list but I love enneagram and this is -in my opinion- the best enneagram book out there.
(Oops, sorry if this was too long)
Welcome to the thread! In light of World Book Day (7th March 2024), TSR Book Club wants to know what your favourite books are and the reason behind loving these books!
We want to hear from you, so list away!!
Check out these other links:
Official TSR Book Club 2024 - The Student Room
TSR Book Quiz Master Thread - The Student Room
TSR BookChat - The Student Room
March Book of the Month Suggestions - TSR Book Club - The Student Room
Mythology books really get my attention! Jennifer Saint's books in particular - Ariadne, Elektra, Atalanta, and Hera (the last hasn't been released yet but I got an early look and !!!!!)
Original post by Tatakae L
its acc sat on my shelf, but to read it I want to re read the whole set because I dont want to feel like I am missing anything. So no I havent read it yet. And also same Im so scared but her books are apparently all amazing so I dont think I will be disapointed.
i totally get that, once when i was like twelve i re-read eleven different books just so i could read the twelfth one in the series which is completely crazy!
Original post by emmab0488
i totally get that, once when i was like twelve i re-read eleven different books just so i could read the twelfth one in the series which is completely crazy!
Yes hahah, i do that with everybook if a new one is coming out. I have to re read them all so I remember everything and nothing feels left out. Same goes with when a new season of anime comes out, I rewatch all the old ones so I dont forget whats happeneing
Welcome to the thread! In light of World Book Day (7th March 2024), TSR Book Club wants to know what your favourite books are and the reason behind loving these books!
We want to hear from you, so list away!!
Check out these other links:
Official TSR Book Club 2024 - The Student Room
TSR Book Quiz Master Thread - The Student Room
TSR BookChat - The Student Room
March Book of the Month Suggestions - TSR Book Club - The Student Room
fav book is a good girls guide to murder!
i'm currently on the series the heroes of olympus and it's awesome
Children of Time/Children of Ruin (still need to read Children of Memory...) by Adrian Tchaikovsky. The kind of sci-fi I've been searching for all of my life. Cannot recommend it enough. They use ant colonies as computers.
hello everyone, thanks for your contributions to this thread:smile:! just want to say that the latest TSR Book Quiz is out now, and there's no particular theme - so hopefully some questions will be familiar to you! get your bookworm hats now and have a go at completing the quiz here! (there are also rep prizes to be won if you come top 3!!) :heart:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending