The Student Room Group
Learning at Imperial College London
Imperial College London
London

What is the vibe/culture/stereotype of studying at Imperial College London?

What is the vibe/culture/stereotype of studying at Imperial College London?
Imperial is known for being extremely toxic and having a very poor student support system. It also has an obscenely large number of international students who tend to stick together in their own cliques which can make it harder for home students to make friends and meet a large and diverse number of friendly students.
Learning at Imperial College London
Imperial College London
London
Reply 2
People take their course pretty seriously - after all, most people there are the kinds of people who would've been top or near top of their class at school. So sometimes it can feel intimidating, like everyone is doing much more work than you are, which isn't necessarily true. That said, people in my course were very happy to help you out with work. It didn't feel like a competition.

It's a good uni for student societies, most people I knew were involved in them. Societies made things a lot more fun, very glad I got stuck in there.

Can't pass comment on student support services as I've never really used them. I do know that personal tutors are a mixed bag, some of my friends complained a lot about theirs.

I disagree that the student environment is toxic, and the fact that there are a lot of international students isn't a concern for me. I'm a home student but some of my best friends at uni were from overseas. It cuts both ways, I wouldn't be surprised if international students thought that the home students were cliquey and kept to themselves.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending