The Student Room Group

maths mock grade gcse to maths gcse 2024

i got 53 in paper 1 and 2, and 47 in paper 3 in my recent mocks. this was a drop in marks since my last mock, where i got 55 in 1 and 2, and 57 in paper 3. i really need tips to reach that 70 / 80 in all mocks, before GCSEs so i can get a 9. any help appreciated. also please be honest whether you think i can go to 70 /80 in all mocks and make the grade 9
(edited 1 month ago)
Original post by PenguinLover560
i got 53 in paper 1 and 2, and 47 in paper 3 in my recent mocks. this was a drop in marks since my last mock, where i got 55 in 1 and 2, and 57 in paper 3. i really need tips to reach that 70 / 80 in all mocks, before GCSEs so i can get a 9. any help appreciated. also please be honest whether you think i can go to 70 /80 in all mocks and make the grade 9

I think it's easier than u think getting 70/80. But it'll ofc take some hard work and spamming past papers.
Step 1: Know everything from the spec even the small obsure grade 1 stuff, because it means if they give you anything whether that be iterations to circle theorems, yk what to do.
Step 2: Find key areas of weakness that you are losing marks in and become a pro in that area. Use sparx, corbett or mathsgenie or dfm or mathsbot. You dk how much this has helped me. I've gone from getting 51 on paper 1 to 70 in these last mocks.
Step 3: Note down how you are making silly mistakes bc i tell you they were the difference between me getting an 8 and a 9 in this mock i did. Make sure to be aware of your silly mistakes and recheck the paper by completing it with enough time to spare.
Step 4: Spam past papers from every year for your exam board then switch to other exam boards for more practice.
Step 5: When in the exam hall, don't stress you got this. A more confident mathematician makes less mistakes and finds it easier to approach a problem. Believe you are extremely smart and GCSE questions are rlly easy instead of looking at a question and thinking it's difficult and impossible, bc trust me mindset is key and if you believe you can do it, then your brain will be able to solve it more easily.
All of this in conjunction should secure you that grade 9. All the best and we're gonna need all the luck we can get. But if edexcel throws us a curveball, then don't fret, anything is solveable. Plus in GCSEs they often bring up similar questions every year so once you learn a skill for a question, you might be able to use it again in the real thing.

Quick Reply

Latest