The Student Room Group

Year 12 Work Experience

I'm looking for work experience and I'm in year 12 hoping to be a paramedic, im not too sure what to do that would help, ive looked at care homes as that is under the same sort of category however none of them have responded in almost 2 weeks, What do i do
Original post by crazyfrog333
I'm looking for work experience and I'm in year 12 hoping to be a paramedic, im not too sure what to do that would help, ive looked at care homes as that is under the same sort of category however none of them have responded in almost 2 weeks, What do i do

Also apply for volunteering opportunities where you are dealing with the public - charity shop, St John Ambulance, homeless centre, hospital cafe, etc.

Try phoning the care home during a weekday to get the manager. Some employ under 18s in kitchen or cleaning roles so you could get paid work experience.

Hey, :hello:

Gaining work experience is a great way to boost your application and make you stand out when applying to university.

If you are unable to gain face to face work experience check out spring pod as they offer virtual work experience that can be completed around your studies: https://www.springpod.com/virtual-work-experience

I hope this helps and good luck with finding work experience :grin:
Reply 4

I got work experience in general surgery, and I suggest you email as many hospitals as you can. Even if you're trying to become a paramedic, being in a clinical setting will help you gain an understanding of clinical skills. The same goes for GPs (not your own one as that would be a breach of patient confidentiality), email and call as many as you can in your local area. There sometimes are also programmes for Year 12 students to gain work experience in healthcare settings, so look into ones near you - especially if they are in the paramedic field.

Quick Reply

Latest