The Student Room Group

Apprenticeships to become a paramedic

Hi is there any specific apprenticeships that your able to do to become a paramedic. Obviously I’ve yet to pass my driving does that stop me from having a career as a paramedic I will eventually do it but due to a condition I need to be free for a bit to drive.
Original post by User_name001
Hi is there any specific apprenticeships that your able to do to become a paramedic. Obviously I’ve yet to pass my driving does that stop me from having a career as a paramedic I will eventually do it but due to a condition I need to be free for a bit to drive.
I know West Midlands Ambulance Service do an apprenticeship so if you're in England your county Ambulance Service may offer one that you could do e.g. London Ambulance Service (i don't know if that is one but you get the idea). You will have to contact them about the driving thing but im sure arrangements could be made if you ask
To become a paramedic through the apprenticeship route, you have to first start with an ambulance support worker role - this lasts around 1-2 years. After that, you become an associate ambulance practitioner. This can also last 1-2 years. With both roles, you’re learning with classroom training and being paired with a clinician.
After this, you can start a degree apprenticeship in paramedic science. In the traditional uni route, these last three years, but with an apprenticeship and the experience you’ve gained previously, it will only be 2 years.
I know many ambulance services will have different roles but this is for South Yorkshire ambulance service.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending