The Student Room Group

changing my degree

i’m a second year history student wanting to change to maths. in year 1 i took optional maths modules so it would just mean resitting the year two modules. when i enquired they said next year i would only be part time to do the maths modules and that’s it, however is it possible for me to redo my entire second year so i can be full time with maths related optional choices or is there a rule about too many credits?
Reply 1
Original post by morrisonmillie6
i’m a second year history student wanting to change to maths. in year 1 i took optional maths modules so it would just mean resitting the year two modules. when i enquired they said next year i would only be part time to do the maths modules and that’s it, however is it possible for me to redo my entire second year so i can be full time with maths related optional choices or is there a rule about too many credits?

Just to be clear, are you planning to transfer into year 1 of the maths course, or straight into year 2?

It strikes me that it's more likely that they'd transfer you into year 1 of the maths course, and give credit for the optional modules you've already done -- i.e. you'd be part-time for year 1 (in 2024/25). Then in September 2025 you'd start year 2 of maths, doing a full course load.

You really need to talk to the department to be sure you know exactly what you'd be doing.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending