The Student Room Group

Do i have a chance at IB?

My school only allows us to take 8 igcses and so far on my mocks ive gotten 8s and 9s except for math and spanish :/. This might be a stupid question but some students I know in my school have gotten all 9s on their IGCSE's and struggled immensely. so im kind of scared! Should I try and aim for all nines to be more prepared or is this enough?
Reply 1
Original post by leastudies
My school only allows us to take 8 igcses and so far on my mocks ive gotten 8s and 9s except for math and spanish :/. This might be a stupid question but some students I know in my school have gotten all 9s on their IGCSE's and struggled immensely. so im kind of scared! Should I try and aim for all nines to be more prepared or is this enough?

Hey, if you believe you can do all 9s then go for it! we are all scared but the real winners are those who are scared but do it anyway. some people do a lot worse on their mocks and get straight As on their real exams, so I'd say you're in a better position than the vast majority of students. keep up the good work :smile:))
I think whether or not you're doing IB, the difference between GCSES and the next stage of your education is pretty huge, so don't worry, it's a steep learning curve regardless.

If you do want to aim for all 9s or all 8s, that isn't a bad thing though. The best thing to be prepared is to actually practice being organised and develop good routines and habits around school and studying, imo.

Quick Reply

Latest