The Student Room Group

Direct Placements

Any one doing the direct placements program?

I am currently going through it and seems really good but I want to see what others think?

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Muwahid-

I am currently going through it and seems really good but I want to see what others think?

I have just finished and it was very good. Who was your mentor?
Reply 2
Original post by LucasJohnson

Hi Lucas, can you give me some feed back please?

I spoke to them and I am keen to sign up. How was the 3 months mentorship program over all?

I was in contact with them and really want to do it but I am not sure if I will be able to complete it, I did not study accounting in university.

I was offered a few days trial which was fantastic and very professional because I was not pressured to buying. Really gave me confidence with the honesty of the company. I am worried later in the mentorship prgoram I might struggle.

Please advice me.
Original post by mharo

I spoke to them and I am keen to sign up. How was the 3 months mentorship program over all?

I was in contact with them and really want to do it but I am not sure if I will be able to complete it, I did not study accounting in university.

I was offered a few days trial which was fantastic and very professional because I was not pressured to buying. Really gave me confidence with the honesty of the company. I am worried later in the mentorship prgoram I might struggle.

Please advice me.

At the start of the mentorship program it is quite easy as you go along it gets diffcult you do have support from the accountants with all the training you need.

I am just finishing. Good mentorship.
Original post by mharo

Please advice me.

I just came across this.... I was also given a few days trial which really help me understand the mentorship program. I started on the basic tasks. I am not now on the intermediate level. You will need to have a accounting background otherwise you might struggle.
Reply 6
At the start of the mentorship program it is quite easy as you go along it gets diffcult you do have support from the accountants with all the training you need.

Thanks buddy. I am doing it and your right the accountant and mentor is very helpful.
Reply 7
Original post by anniekeshler
I just came across this.... I was also given a few days trial which really help me understand the mentorship program. I started on the basic tasks. I am not now on the intermediate level. You will need to have a accounting background otherwise you might struggle.

I was slightly struggling and i was given entry level tasks. How long did it take you to move to intermediate? The free trial really does help.

I defo agree having an accounting background really helps but the support is good. What's your background in?
Reply 8

I just got a job as an account assistant now. Thank god! My mentor was Ben, he was very good. He helped me quite alot.

Have you managed to secure a role?
Reply 9

You should consider doing the AAT alongside your mentorship program You need more accounting qualifications. I do not mean to be negative but it is difficult and you might not do well.
Reply 10
You should consider doing the AAT alongside your mentorship program You need more accounting qualifications. I do not mean to be negative but it is difficult and you might not do well.

I completely agree with this solid piece of advice!

I was contacted by the company earlier today. Upon researching the company, reading excellent reviews, I ended up here on this forum.

I passed my Level 1 AAT Bookeeping in November via college, will be starting my Level 2 in January 2019. Reading the above post from Muwahid, gives me confidence knowing I wont be going in blind so to speak.

I am interested in becoming only a Certified Bookkeeper for the moment, as I am a wizard with numbers and love the actual Bookeeping side. Accountancy, (Business Analysis/Management side), can come after (does not interest me at the moment), hence I did not wish to go straight to Level 2 Accountancy, as it covers both.

I have had the 1st stage short interview today and was accepted for Stage 2 interview tomorrow 12pm. He said I passed this stage no problem, my enthusiasm alone was enough. Then again, as the saying goes, life begins at 40. After passing many bridges/crossroads and decisions in my life, one certainly knows what they want out of life!

If you said to me when I was young "become a bookkeeper", I would have said "no chance"! I believe everything happens for a reason and at a certain point in one's life. This is mine at this time!

Thank you to all who commented, greatly appreciated and confirms what my instincts already told me.

I look forward to signing up.

Also, my cost is a 3rd of the full fee. This is because I have AAT qualifications.

I would agree with that advice. Thank you
Original post by Birkan
I completely agree with this solid piece of advice!

I was contacted by the company earlier today. Upon researching the company, reading excellent reviews, I ended up here on this forum.

I passed my Level 1 AAT Bookeeping in November via college, will be starting my Level 2 in January 2019. Reading the above post from Muwahid, gives me confidence knowing I wont be going in blind so to speak.

I am interested in becoming only a Certified Bookkeeper for the moment, as I am a wizard with numbers and love the actual Bookeeping side. Accountancy, (Business Analysis/Management side), can come after (does not interest me at the moment), hence I did not wish to go straight to Level 2 Accountancy, as it covers both.

I have had the 1st stage short interview today and was accepted for Stage 2 interview tomorrow 12pm. He said I passed this stage no problem, my enthusiasm alone was enough. Then again, as the saying goes, life begins at 40. After passing many bridges/crossroads and decisions in my life, one certainly knows what they want out of life!

If you said to me when I was young "become a bookkeeper", I would have said "no chance"! I believe everything happens for a reason and at a certain point in one's life. This is mine at this time!

Thank you to all who commented, greatly appreciated and confirms what my instincts already told me.

I look forward to signing up.

Also, my cost is a 3rd of the full fee. This is because I have AAT qualifications.

Good to hear that. I do believe you can achieve anything you want in life. I am in the process of doing extra qualifications.

I wish you the best of luck :smile:

My mentor was James and I just got a role at a small accounting firm. The mentorship program was great. I wish I did it right after university.

The trial is what made me sign up. They gave me a few days to trial it, I loved it, I knew exactly what I was going to do. I have learnt so much. I was given various tasks from entry level all the way to advance. The accountant I was working with helped me a lot.

If you are thinking of signing up make sure you take a trial.
Original post by aggreatheabbey
The trial is what made me sign up. They gave me a few days to trial it, I loved it, I knew exactly what I was going to do. I have learnt so much. I was given various tasks from entry level all the way to advance. The accountant I was working with helped me a lot.

If you are thinking of signing up make sure you take a trial.

Greaaaaaaaaaat work dude! hows the new year going? This year I am going to tackle the ACCA.

Hi Muwhaid,

Can you please explain to me how the mentorship works in detail please? I am thinking of signing up.

How often did the accountant contact you? Do you think the training would work for a parent as it is remote but I have left university over 10 years ago.

I would really appreciate your advice.
Reply 17
Original post by JBUNNYHUN
Hi Muwhaid,

Can you please explain to me how the mentorship works in detail please? I am thinking of signing up.

How often did the accountant contact you? Do you think the training would work for a parent as it is remote but I have left university over 10 years ago.

I would really appreciate your advice.

You would work along side an accountant. He will train you for 3 months to be able to complete all accounting assistant tasks.

I was in contact with my mentor a few days a week.

I am not sure this is something you would need to decide for yourself.
You would work along side an accountant. He will train you for 3 months to be able to complete all accounting assistant tasks.

I was in contact with my mentor a few days a week.

I am not sure this is something you would need to decide for yourself.

Thank you. I have joined and it seems really good so far.
Reply 19
Original post by JBUNNYHUN
Thank you. I have joined and it seems really good so far.

How you find it? I had a free trial and it seems very good so far.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending