The Student Room Group

Oral health university of essex

Hi I’ve applied to oral heal/ dental hygiene at the university of Essex. For background knowledge I’ve done dental nursing for 3 years now and have been offered an interview, do you think I should start a 6 month a session course in the meantime? Or would their be no point considering they are going to offer places from may?
Original post by Mare2003
Hi I’ve applied to oral heal/ dental hygiene at the university of Essex. For background knowledge I’ve done dental nursing for 3 years now and have been offered an interview, do you think I should start a 6 month a session course in the meantime? Or would their be no point considering they are going to offer places from may?

Have you done any additional courses? When was/is your interview? I’ve also applied 😁 this wait is killing me! 😓
Reply 2
No I haven’t done anything additional lol, my interview is 15th April, but I’m so worried because it seems like everyone had already had their interviews. I wonder when we will all find out when or if we got it? What degrees/alevels do u have currently?x
I would defo recommend doing additional courses like oral health education as I think the uni’s like it when you do extra😁 I had my interview is December!
Aw good luck for your interview! Just be yourself. I hope we get in!😁
I think we should all find out by May.
I just applied with my GCSE’s and my nursing diploma & some additional courses. What about you? Xx
Reply 4
Original post by Fenella Hunt
I would defo recommend doing additional courses like oral health education as I think the uni’s like it when you do extra😁 I had my interview is December!
I just applied with my GCSE’s and my nursing diploma & some additional courses. What about you? Xx

But do u think there’s any point doing the courses now? If they’re deciding in may I don’t think there’s any point doing anything extra rn as they would’ve already decided by the time my course is up aha? You had ur interview so early I don’t think I even applied at that time lol xx
But do u think there’s any point doing the courses now? If they’re deciding in may I don’t think there’s any point doing anything extra rn as they would’ve already decided by the time my course is up aha? You had ur interview so early I don’t think I even applied at that time lol xx

I probably wouldn’t bother now like you said you’ve already sent your application off now but maybe if you were unsuccessful I would defo think about doing one. But I’m sure you’ll be fine! 🤞🏼x I literally applied the day you could start 🤣 x
Is this your first time applying?xx
Reply 7
Is this your first time applying?xx

Yes this is my first time applying!
I hope all goes well with ur application, how long have u been a dental nurse for?xx
Yes this is my first time applying!
I hope all goes well with ur application, how long have u been a dental nurse for?xx

It’s mine too!
I hope yours does too. It was 5 years in January 😁 where abouts are you from? Do you think you be commuting or living there if you get in? Xx
Reply 9
I’ll be commuting as I don’t live too far xx

Good luck!x
Reply 10

hey i forgot to ask, how was your interview? Did they ask you the MMI questions or were they simply just normal interview questions? IK u cant say what they exactly told u but could you give any tips?xx
Reply 11
Hi,
How did your interviews go?
I had mine yesterday x

Quick Reply

Latest