The Student Room Group

Being too difficult to love

I've been talking to a guy for a long time and I thought it was going well and we both liked each other. His behaviours changed recently and I just found out it's probably because I'm too 'difficult'. He says I never make it easy. I have a feeling he's going to leave now. I think I'll always be too much to be loved, or even liked, by anyone.
Original post by Anonymous #1
I've been talking to a guy for a long time and I thought it was going well and we both liked each other. His behaviours changed recently and I just found out it's probably because I'm too 'difficult'. He says I never make it easy. I have a feeling he's going to leave now. I think I'll always be too much to be loved, or even liked, by anyone.

Sometimes people show us who they are. This can really hurt. The good news is that this relationship/whatever, failed fast. This frees you up to find something better.
We get into difficult territory when we allow other people to define us and it can affect how we see ourselves. If I had a pound for every waste of space, immature little man-child assclown I’d wasted tears and lost sleep over, instead of putting that energy into my own life, I’d be a rich woman.
If you want some old-lady wisdom, my advice is: Surround yourself with good people; set boundaries for what you will and won’t accept and enforce them; don’t be afraid to get counselling or therapy to help you get to the bottom of anything that holds you back; don’t trust easily; value your time, guard it well and don’t obsess over blokes; it’s really easy to let your life slip away instead of putting your energy into things that will make you happy long term; find your tribe, people who truly accept you and have your back; show up for them; learn to spot red flags and trust your gut; do things that challenge you; whether it’s weight training, rock climbing or academic challenges; build resilience and self-esteem, it’s what will really get you through the tough times.
x

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending