The Student Room Group

Any advice on how to deal with embarrassment?

We were doing an icebreaker in my class and when I was asked what I wanted to do career-wise I said that I wanted to become a psychologist. My teacher then asked in what field and my mind went blank? I know that psychology has a wide field but I felt really embarrassed about it because everyone else seemed to have a clear goal but me. Of course it's good that I know that I want to do psychology but I guess I got stumped by that question? I guess I took it a bit personally huh 💀
Reply 1
Original post by 513114K
We were doing an icebreaker in my class and when I was asked what I wanted to do career-wise I said that I wanted to become a psychologist. My teacher then asked in what field and my mind went blank? I know that psychology has a wide field but I felt really embarrassed about it because everyone else seemed to have a clear goal but me. Of course it's good that I know that I want to do psychology but I guess I got stumped by that question? I guess I took it a bit personally huh 💀

Firstly, don't worry, that's nothing to be embarrassed about, and I'm sure no one else thought anything of it! And it is rare to see students knowing what they want to do early on, and sticking to it. It is a big decision we all make, and personally I changed my mind at least 3 times, varying careers completely! To even have an idea of psychology is amazing, and its good to have an open mind rather than fixed, as by the time you apply to university (if thats what you want to do) your mind may have changed completely. If you do study it, you may find fields which you would have never thought about at the moment.
Hope this helps

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending