The Student Room Group

Resitting A levels.

I am a bit confused on the process of resitting an A level. I currently take Physics, Biology and Geography and with exam period beginning in less than 2 months from now i feel like i am in a comfortable position with Biology and Geography and hope to get A grades in both of them but not physics. I find Physics really difficult and have struggled throughout year 12 and 13 to understand concepts and I am not expecting to do well and think i should put all my focus in Biology and Geography and resit physics in my gap year. Is this a smart thing to do and Do universities not like the idea of resitting A levels?
Sorry you've not had any responses about this. :frown: Are you sure you've posted in the right place? :smile: Here's a link to our subject forum which should help get you more responses if you post there. :redface:
Reply 2
I would say that for many course where there is not intense competition resits will be fine. You should be able to do a bit of research to find out. I would suggest not to give up on the physics completely, you can deprioritise the time allocation and still achieve a pass which is still an achievement to be proud of and might be enough to do what you want. I got B, B, E minimising the time I spent on my weakest subject. The E was just as useful in getting a uni place though.
Original post by Zarek
I would say that for many course where there is not intense competition resits will be fine. You should be able to do a bit of research to find out. I would suggest not to give up on the physics completely, you can deprioritise the time allocation and still achieve a pass which is still an achievement to be proud of and might be enough to do what you want. I got B, B, E minimising the time I spent on my weakest subject. The E was just as useful in getting a uni place though.

I appreciate the response. Hypothetically if i got A A D and retook physics and got an A do you still think that would be good enough to apply to a decent university. Like just logically do you think thats realistic.
Reply 4
Original post by Amadou Diallo
I appreciate the response. Hypothetically if i got A A D and retook physics and got an A do you still think that would be good enough to apply to a decent university. Like just logically do you think thats realistic.

What course do you want to do and what are the grade requirements. A A D is not at all a bad set of A’level results and I imagine there will be many course options
Original post by Zarek
What course do you want to do and what are the grade requirements. A A D is not at all a bad set of A’level results and I imagine there will be many course options
I am still kind of on the fence what i want to do. Something in the direction of biology and i've been looking at some biotechnology and microbiolgy courses but im still too sure. This is one the main reasons why i decided to get the student room in hopes of getting more opinions from students.

Quick Reply

Latest