The Student Room Group

Leeds Beckett University or Edge Hill University

Which is better for PSYCHOLOGY : Leeds Beckett University or Edge Hill University?
I'm sooo confused because both of them have accepted me and have decent ratings. But which one according to y'all (if any alumni) has better student experience? I'm doing undergraduate in psychology btw!
Original post by Anushkaaaaaa
Which is better for PSYCHOLOGY : Leeds Beckett University or Edge Hill University?
I'm sooo confused because both of them have accepted me and have decent ratings. But which one according to y'all (if any alumni) has better student experience? I'm doing undergraduate in psychology btw!

Hiya @Anushkaaaaaa

I feel I am very much able to share my thoughts on this as a Third year undergraduate Psychology student at Edge Hill uni! : )

From my experience I honestly couldn't speak highly enough of the Student Experience/ Student Life at EHU. I have had such a lovely experience there and I think there is such a lovely vibe on campus. There is also so many events and always things going on on campus. Every week there are events ran which are all free, which are open to everyone and they are such a lovely way to go and make friends and chat to other students. For example, for international happiness day last week there was a massive mela on campus with traditional dancing, henna and free Indian food, and the week before there was a massive wellbeing showcase on campus which included therapy dogs, a smoothie bike?! and games. It's honestly just so much fun and there is always stuff going on. They are also really supportive I have found, if you are having any issues and I have always just felt so comfortable and looked after here.

In addition the Psychology course has been so great for me I have really enjoyed it and felt really supported by the uni. The course is made manageable through the mix of lectures, seminars and work shops and I have found the lecturers to be incredibly helpful and supportive. There is also amazing Psychology facilities including labs such as the eye-tacking lab, virtual reality and bar lab (for alcohol studies) which you are able to access throughout your degree progressively. For example, in my First year I took part in studies as a participant for money and/or course credits, in my Second year, I was a Psychology intern at the uni which involved assisting in VR studies and in my Third year I conducted my own research as part of my dissertation : ) The course also gives you so many opportunities to grow and develop your skills as mentioned I was an intern in the department in my Second year which is an opportunity which is offered to students to apply for, and there is also the option to complete a placement module. The careers team are also amazing at supporting you through this process. The course is also approved by the BPS which is super valuable : )

Another thing to consider is the type of environment you would like to live and work in. I personally fell in love with EHU when I came to visit. I just felt so peaceful and at home here as it is so pretty with the lakes and nature on campus (we currently have the cutest little ducklings on campus!). The town of Ormskirk is a small but lovely student town with everything you need including shops, bars, restaurants and clubs. Liverpool is also accessible by train : ) The location is something to consider whether you would prefer a campus university like EHU where you have the city nearby or whether you would prefer to live actually in a city : )

I would really recommend visiting both universities if you can to see where you see yourself and where you get the best vibes from. We have one on the 5th July if you're free to come and have an explore for yourself!

If you have any questions or want to chat more about university, you can chat to current students here . I am also on there if you wanted to ask me anything about my experience of Psychology at EHU : )

I hope this helps,
Katie - Third year Psych student

Quick Reply

Latest