The Student Room Group
The Great Hall at University of Leeds
University of Leeds
Leeds

White Rose View vs City Side

Hi,
I am due to start University of Leeds in September but I am having a hard time choosing between two accommodations; White Rose View or City Side.

I have heard great things about both and they look amazing. Does anyone have personal experience or words of advice for me?
I stayed in City Side as a fresher, it was fun!

Honestly though all halls are pretty similar.
The Great Hall at University of Leeds
University of Leeds
Leeds
Reply 2
I agree these 2 and central village is what seem good options to me.
However please remember that those are really popular and you may not get them so dint get too hyped up
Reply 3
Original post by Kayamarie1
I agree these 2 and central village is what seem good options to me.
However please remember that those are really popular and you may not get them so dint get too hyped up

Have u applied private to white rose?
Reply 4
Original post by Anonymous
Hi,
I am due to start University of Leeds in September but I am having a hard time choosing between two accommodations; White Rose View or City Side.

I have heard great things about both and they look amazing. Does anyone have personal experience or words of advice for me?

I have booked white rose block b. What did you choose in the end
Reply 5
I have booked white rose block b. What did you choose in the end

I ended up applying for CitySide. Reasons being: it is not as close to the First Direct arena (less noise), costs less than white rose (I'm only talking by a few pounds though😂), gym membership at The edge gym is included with the accommodation, white rose is also known to be oversubscribed compared to cityside so I may have a higher chance at getting cityside.

It was a very difficult decision to make icl. Had to research. But both: close to uni and city center (10mins walk), modern, nice rooms, nice kitchens, cafés nearby.

That is all. All I need to do now is do myself proud in exams to get to Leeds.
Reply 6
I ended up applying for CitySide. Reasons being: it is not as close to the First Direct arena (less noise), costs less than white rose (I'm only talking by a few pounds though😂), gym membership at The edge gym is included with the accommodation, white rose is also known to be oversubscribed compared to cityside so I may have a higher chance at getting cityside.

It was a very difficult decision to make icl. Had to research. But both: close to uni and city center (10mins walk), modern, nice rooms, nice kitchens, cafés nearby.

Nice! I hope you enjoy it :smile:
Reply 7
did anyone apply to carlton hill the new one
Reply 8

same, I was between CitySide and Carlton Hill- but I chose Cityside. I haven't heard much about Carlton hill- since it is brand new I feel like it could possibly have teething problems, and the location of Cityside is much better :smile:
(edited 11 months ago)
Reply 9
Original post by Tiana.mak
did anyone apply to carlton hill the new one

Hey i did. I'm in block b
Original post by Aisenat
Hey i did. I'm in block b

Hey how is it?

Quick Reply

Latest