The Student Room Group
just wonderin, where else did you apply to?
Bournemouth, Edge Hill, John Moores and Leeds Trinity and All Saints
Reply 3
Im applying to FAlmouth for Journalism..
But only sent my UCAS application last Week.

When did you send yours?
our college had a dealine for the 14th Nov but im not sure when they passed it on to the unis
Reply 5
I live a few miles from Falmouth :smile:
Reply 6
I have an Interview on Feb 13th..

:smile:

Should be ok i reckon.

Got to come up with a 500 word article to present.
^ yeah i'm going on 30th Jan but i dont know what to write about.
I was going to write it in the xmas hols, but i was busier than i expected, it's creepin' up only a couple of weeks!
Reply 8
Oh..
I was given a brief:

"500 Words on- your school, college or current situation. Imagine that you are writing for a readership that is mainly of your own age, perhaps college or local newspaper."

Is Falmouth your first choice?

Well your before me so you'll have to tell me all about it! Goodluck :smile:
no, its not NCTJ accredited, which i only found out the other week :s-smilie:
Is it your first choice?

when i write in the college newspaper we avoid writing about college and stuff like that 'cos its boring and people our age dont want to read it!

oh well, if thats what they want...
Reply 10
Its my only choice :P

Its Falmouth or a year out to reconsider.
I just loved the place aswell as the course.

Wheres your first choice?
Yeah the place is lovely. My first choice was Bournemouth, but they rejected me, so now its Edge Hill, provided I get an offer, I had an interview there yesterday!
Reply 12
Awesome how did the interview go?
Confident?
ah it was ok, the main bit was the NCTJ test, which was easier than i expected. It was dead informal, they just put us into groups and chatted to us for a bit.
I think they were going to do more but their presentation ran over!
I reckon i might have scraped a pass at the NCTJ test cos most of the marks were in the spelling bit and im good at that, hopefully if ive passed that means they'll give me an offer!
No way! I was in the Edge Hill Interview on the 13th January also. Was a bit different to what I expected to be honest with the informal interview- the exam was difficult though in my opinion, just hope I did well. I think Edge Hill will be my first/ insurance choice for sure, if I get an offer.

By the way, if your wondering who I am, I was Lee, don't know if you remember me, I brought parents along to the interview. Not sure whether I was in your group though :smile:
Dont remember you, you were probably in the other group. I thought the hardest part of the NCTJ test was the general knowledge, i knew hardly anything, i felt so thick! I hope i get an offer, after getting turned down from Bournemouth, Edge Hill is my favourite!

So are you going to Falmouth as well? I'm almost glad Falmouth aren't NCTJ accredtied 'cos it means I wont have to do that test again!

Latest

Trending

Trending