The Student Room Group

Falmouth fine art interview?

I have an interview coming up with Falmouth Uni for fine art, any tips?
i have had 2 fine art interviews recently, though not from falmouth yet, and have offers from both so here is some advice:
- practice talking about your work - its really helpful so you know what to say if they ask you about a certain piece of work in your portfolio
- have a piece of art you want to talk about the most, maybe that you are most proud of or represents your art style or process the best
- try to stay relaxed - its usually just a casual discussion about your work, your process, what mediums you enjoy, etc.
hope it goes well! ive applied to falmouth for fine art as well :smile:
Relax. Falmouth barely reject anyone who attends an interview - the interview is mainly a sales opportunity for them to push the course on you.
Original post by amelia1234567891
I have an interview coming up with Falmouth Uni for fine art, any tips?

Hi I just found this thread again and wanted to ask - how did your interview go and did you get in? : )
Original post by Angelisdreaming
Hi I just found this thread again and wanted to ask - how did your interview go and did you get in? : )

Hey!! Thanks for asking !! It was definitely very very very different to the other interviews I had, I’m glad I was aware before that they would flick through all your stuff super quick, otherwise I think I may have found it a bit scarier ! They asked loads of questions, some a bit more challenging but I just answered truthfully, not what I felt they wanted to hear! They were impressed by the fact I had made the journey and effort to do my interview on campus, rather than at a more local one, brought lots of art work, big mixture which was helpful. Asked about my theories and why I wanted to study there etc. They were super friendly, just was a bit faster paced and bit more intense perhaps than other interviews, which I quite liked ! Also loved the fact that they give their offers super quick, I got one the day after I had my interview for BCC, which was lower than I was expecting, so really happy!
Original post by amelia1234567891
Hey!! Thanks for asking !! It was definitely very very very different to the other interviews I had, I’m glad I was aware before that they would flick through all your stuff super quick, otherwise I think I may have found it a bit scarier ! They asked loads of questions, some a bit more challenging but I just answered truthfully, not what I felt they wanted to hear! They were impressed by the fact I had made the journey and effort to do my interview on campus, rather than at a more local one, brought lots of art work, big mixture which was helpful. Asked about my theories and why I wanted to study there etc. They were super friendly, just was a bit faster paced and bit more intense perhaps than other interviews, which I quite liked ! Also loved the fact that they give their offers super quick, I got one the day after I had my interview for BCC, which was lower than I was expecting, so really happy!

That’s great!! I got an offer as well, also very quickly which was surprising, so will hopefully meet you this September (as long as I get the grades lol) 😁

Quick Reply

Latest