The Student Room Group

Cancer Research UK Graduate Scheme

Scroll to see replies

Reply 20
Original post by Davis1991
Hi, I've just had the same problem. There is no numbers/emails on the email to contact anyone either. Found out if this is right yet?

There's a phone number on the email, and a name as well (under the section if you wish to drop out etc.). I phoned them and explained the problem and they sorted it out, they said it was a fault with their system!
Does anyone know whether the numerical and verbal tests both start from the same link straight after each other or whether they are each taken separately?
Reply 22
Original post by dappleddawndrawndauphin
On the email it just says numerical and verbal, but the practice tests include inductive too :s Has anyone taken them yet and if so, does it include inductive? I hope not because I am not good at it...! I've also heard they get you to take the tests again at interview but I'm not sure whether this is true or why you would need to take them twice.

They make you sit the tests twice so that you don't cheat (don't use calculator etc.). Also, the questions you get in the second round are different.
Reply 23
Does anyone know whether the numerical and verbal tests both start from the same link straight after each other or whether they are each taken separately?

When I finished the numerical test it took me straight to the verbal test on the same page.
Does anyone know how long the numerical and verbal reasoning tests are? I work full time, and I'm trying to work out if I can do them in my lunch break!

Also, have people found them tricky/bearable?
Reply 25
Original post by Christine1991
Does anyone know how long the numerical and verbal reasoning tests are? I work full time, and I'm trying to work out if I can do them in my lunch break!

Also, have people found them tricky/bearable?

Both test should take you about 45 minutes to complete. Better to have an hour break in case something goes wrong.
Reply 26

The verbal one appears straight after the numercial test. I do not know if they can be taken seperately but I did them both in one go. Once I completed the test I had a message that the data was submitted so I doubt that they would allow you to take them seperately (not fully sure!).
Original post by singh12
Both test should take you about 45 minutes to complete. Better to have an hour break in case something goes wrong.

Ok, thank you. And is it one question per minute or do we have a bit longer than that?!
Reply 28
Original post by Christine1991
Ok, thank you. And is it one question per minute or do we have a bit longer than that?!

You have less than a minute to answer each questions. I think it was 20 minutes to answer 25 questions.. Can't remember exactly as I've been doing many other tests these days.
Reply 29
Hi all,

I can't find any practice tests relationg to the GCI numerical assessment we take. Not that great at mental arithmetic...
Reply 30
Ok so I just bit the bullet and did the test... found it SO hard. Not expecting good news from this. A real shame, this is the one graduate scheme job I REALLY wanted. Got to the 20th Q in numerical, and 21st in verbal (which I wasn't even expecting to be included???!).
Hi, I've just had the same problem. There is no numbers/emails on the email to contact anyone either. Found out if this is right yet?

Hi, I only got access to the numerical test, as soon as it finished it said 'assessment completed' How do I then access the verbal test? would be grateful for advice.
Original post by singh12
The verbal one appears straight after the numercial test. I do not know if they can be taken seperately but I did them both in one go. Once I completed the test I had a message that the data was submitted so I doubt that they would allow you to take them seperately (not fully sure!).

I just wanted to ask about the verbal test, because I completed the numerical one then it said my assessment was completed. I didn't get a chance to answer the verbal one, and can't seem to access it. Wondered if you had any advice on this?
Reply 33
Original post by Natas_ha
I just wanted to ask about the verbal test, because I completed the numerical one then it said my assessment was completed. I didn't get a chance to answer the verbal one, and can't seem to access it. Wondered if you had any advice on this?

Go to the email address and you will find a link for your assessment. Click on the link and carry on with the verbal test. Once you finish, you will get a message that the result are submitted.
Reply 34
Did any of you do the 'full practice tests'? It asked me to register but I didn't mean to register for the proper assessment just practicing...?
Original post by singh12
Go to the email address and you will find a link for your assessment. Click on the link and carry on with the verbal test. Once you finish, you will get a message that the result are submitted.

thanks for this, I did try and copy paste the link into the browser but it said 'your session is now closed'. its so strange! as i only did timed numerical test and it got sent and i had email confirmation.
I've done the practice test for the verbal one- which gave me the results at the end and was for SHL (you could repeat this one!) which means i haven't done the verbal test!!! There wasnt 20 questions and I wasnt timed! but it ended after the numerical one! so so strange! i might have to contact administration?

sorry for length of message.
Reply 36
thanks for this, I did try and copy paste the link into the browser but it said 'your session is now closed'. its so strange! as i only did timed numerical test and it got sent and i had email confirmation.
I've done the practice test for the verbal one- which gave me the results at the end and was for SHL (you could repeat this one!) which means i haven't done the verbal test!!! There wasnt 20 questions and I wasnt timed! but it ended after the numerical one! so so strange! i might have to contact administration?

sorry for length of message.

I suggest that you give them a call ASAP to resolve this issue as the deadline is coming up soon.
Reply 37
Hi, I only got access to the numerical test, as soon as it finished it said 'assessment completed' How do I then access the verbal test? would be grateful for advice.

Hello, I rang the number on the email and had to sit it again but it happened again so I'm just waiting for a response telling me what I should do now :/
Reply 38
Hello, I rang the number on the email and had to sit it again but it happened again so I'm just waiting for a response telling me what I should do now :/

This is the exact same with me. I hope they can fix it in the next day..
Reply 39
Original post by SD27
This is the exact same with me. I hope they can fix it in the next day..

I've recieved an email and it says that if you don't get the verbal test apparently it means you didn't pass the numerical

Quick Reply

Latest