The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Economist1
I'll PM you if you want. But does it really matter?

I declined a full scholarship from a private school to go to a state school nearer to where I live.

I just thought with the fact "300/300 in history wasn't a big deal as quite a lot of people got it" you were going to some sort of genius college :P
Reply 41
OCR Economics Market Failure
OCR Economics Market Systems
OCR Economics National/International economy
Edexcel C1
Edexcel C2
Edexcel C3
Edexcel S1
Edexcel Phys 3
OCR History Document studies
SiaSiaSia
I just thought with the fact "300/300 in history wasn't a big deal as quite a lot of people got it" you were going to some sort of genius college :P

There are several people in my sixth form with higher UMS for their AS than mine (my average is exactly 98%). So it would be a lie if I said that there aren't any geniuses in my school. :p:
Economist1
There are several people in my sixth form with higher UMS for their AS than mine (my average is exactly 98%). So it would be a lie if I said that there aren't any geniuses in my school. :p:

Crikey.
I'm actually blown away :P
Economics 1 - AQA
Economics 2 - AQA
History 2 - Edexcel
History 3 - Edexcel
S1 - Edexcel
M1 - Edexcel
C3 - Edexcel
C4 - Edexcel
Jaquafresh
none :frown:

M1 Maths Mechanics EdExcel was close, 96/100
Bet a friend a £5 i'd get full marks on that one, duely a £5 was paid, served me right lol

Hahaha ah well
It's really annoying to over-predict yourself, though, isn't it?!
Sociology Unit 2
Philosophy Unit 2 and 3
English Lit Unit 2
Critical Thinking Unit 2
english literature units 1, 2 and 3 at AS. so basically my english literature AS level.

...i really do have no idea how. my measure for measure exam turned into a massive rant against the satan spawn that is isabella.
British Foreign and Imperial Policy, 1850-1902, History AS, OCR.
Chem Ocr Mod 1
Chem Ocr Mod 3
Bio Ccea Mod 1
Bio Ccea Mod 2
Phys Ccea Mod 2
Phys Ccea Mod 3
I got 100% for Art AS. I also got 100% UMS in English Lit 2 and 3, French 1 and 2, and German 1. :smile: Hopefully it means that I don't have to work so hard this year, because I am seriously falling behind. :frown:
Reply 51
:lolwut:
Reply 52
Politics Unit 4 :h:

All I can say is 'thank you' to everybody for doing badly enough to bring the grade boundaries down super low.... Because there is no other way that could've happened.
Reply 53
What is 100% UMS??Full marks :shock:???????????????????
Reply 54
ClaireHogben
aqa biology b module 2
aqa chemistry module 1

High five
History Edexcel units 1+3
English AQA unit on texts in context
Drama practical
Philosophy AQA unit 1: moral philosophy
:smile:
alixxxxxx1
wow....how did u manage 100% in the maths ones...
did you use any particular websites or books?

i got full marks in c1 and s1 edexcel maths & 90 ums on c2... s1 i used the cgp revision guide which is really good, c1 i just used the edexcel test book and the revision book (looks the same as the text book but says 'revise for c1....', check on amazon).

past papers really got me the marks though :biggrin:
Reply 57
Sine
What is 100% UMS??Full marks :shock:???????????????????

Nope it is equal to twice the difference between an A and a B for example. Twice the difference between grades.

E.g.

70/100 raw marks = A (80 UMS)
62/100 raw = B (70 UMS)
54/100 raw = C etc. (60 UMS)

The difference between grades for raw marks is 8, so if you get 8 x 2 (=16) + 70 you get 100 UMS.

So if I get 86/100 on that paper I get 100 UMS marks, because it is kind of like the mark beyond an A*, if an A* is 90 UMS; so it's super A*!

I think that's how it works, anyway.
Reply 58
Bubbles*de*Milo
British Foreign and Imperial Policy, 1850-1902, History AS, OCR.

Ah so you stole my marks!

Got a C in that paper, every other unit I took was over 95%
annarchy
Nope it is equal to twice the difference between an A and a B for example. Twice the difference between grades.

E.g.

70/100 raw marks = A (80 UMS)
62/100 raw = B (70 UMS)
54/100 raw = C etc. (60 UMS)

The difference is 8, so if you get 8 x 2 (=16) + 70 you get 100 UMS.

So if I get 86/100 on that paper I get 100 UMS marks, because it is kind of like the mark beyond an A*.

I think that's how it works, anyway.

not true!
it's done on a bell (normal distribution) curve based on all exam sitter's results. so if everyone does badly, the mark needed for 100% ums will be lower, but if the average is high, you could need up to 100% raw marks for 100% ums.

for example, i needed 75/75 raw marks to get full ums marks on my C1 maths paper, but only about 80% to get full ums on one of the business studies papers.

Latest