The Student Room Group
Reply 1
By 'past month' do you mean the vacation? or the last month of term?
Anyway, yes you can catch up. It will be annoying, but possible. You might even find it easier if you now have more of an overview of what you're supposed to be doing..
Reply 2
I've had a very crap Michaelmas work-wise too, and my plan is to do some general revision and preparation for lent in this vacation, not get behind over lent, then fill in the gaps of what I've missed over the easter vacation.

But I don't know how law is - if it is very "progressive" (as in you have to know what you did in mich to understand anything in lent) you won't be able to work like that. And I'm a 2nd year, so I can use the language elements I learned last year to keep my head above the water... Catching up one months's worth of work sounds possible though, there are people who change subjects one month into their 1st year! Just do your best, even if you get a 2:2 in your first year it really isn't the end of the world :smile: Plus you say you haven't done anything in a month, but most people probably haven't either ( or at least not in 2 or 3 weeks)because of the vacation.
Reply 3
Miam!

Just do your best, even if you get a 2:2 in your first year it really isn't the end of the world :smile: Plus you say you haven't done anything in a month, but most people probably haven't either ( or at least not in 2 or 3 weeks)because of the vacation.

:ditto:
If you don't do great in exams, you have a good reason behind things that you couldn't do anything about. Your college should be understanding if you flag this up, and you'll be able to go onto the next years of your degree where the results are more important.

I hear Miam's point about Law being progressive, but you have 2 weeks of holiday left in which you can catch up on half of that month if you put your head down and persevere. Alot can also be achieved over Easter :smile:
Reply 4
Craghyrax
:ditto:
Alot can also be achieved over Easter :smile:

and indeed Easter term (if you didn't mean the holidays craggy). I found I had ample time to go through most things then too.

So, whilst I'd make every effort to try and get back ontop of it all now, there's still plenty of time to get sorted. You just need to maintain the focus and drive to do so, and make sure you don't do the same thing again next term. :smile:
Reply 5
Jahmez23
and indeed Easter term (if you didn't mean the holidays craggy). I found I had ample time to go through most things then too.

So, whilst I'd make every effort to try and get back ontop of it all now, there's still plenty of time to get sorted. You just need to maintain the focus and drive to do so, and make sure you don't do the same thing again next term. :smile:

I meant the holidays as well as the term itself.
Reply 6
Death
I'm a first year lawyer. I have been very ill and I haven't done any work for the past month. Is it still possible for me to catch up with the work I've missed out on?

I kinda didn't work hard too hard during my 1st term, but I dont know exactly how this will affect things. But I am planning to work much harder these next terms, so by end of the year I guess it will show in the end. It is very high pressured here after all!

Latest

Trending

Trending