The Student Room Group

GCSE German, Entrance Level

hey

i got a good C in my mock for german, and i took both foundation and higher papers and took the best grade for each listening, reading, writing and speaking. So my teacher has entered me for Foundation for everything :confused: but i thought it over and i wouldnt feel comfortable taking higher for any of those papers, so i think i'm safe by doing all foundation. I'd only be able to get a C but thats all i'm aiming for really because it isnt my best subject.

So anyway, theres only one doingmore person thats foundation everything in my class, so i'll be being taught higher stuff. For writing, do you still get marks if you include higher stuff? Becuase sometimes you get told "No need to worry about that becasue its higher" but if you use it for the foundation test, do you still get the marks? Might sound a dumb question but i'm a bit confused lol :redface: and that question would probably be the same with speaking.

thanks
Reply 1
you could do a mixture of papers couldn't you? i know some people in my year who did a mix of foundation and higher so they could get B's....so if you're writing is igher couldn't you do higher and get the extra marks?
Reply 2
yeh i can.
my writing sucks lol. i could do higher speaking but would there be much point?
Reply 3
My German teacher was speaking to me about whether or not she should enter me in as a Foundation Tier student or a Higher Tier student. She told me that if i enter as a Foundation tier candidate, then i will still be able to get a grade B. However, thats only if i get a certain amount of marks. I was entered for Foundation tier for all the other modules i have done in German, and my marks have averaged out a B.
Reply 4
but dont you have to get an almost perfect score to get a B, and its a choice for the examiner whether he thinks you should have been entered for higher??? btw whats your exam board because it might be different for me.

Latest

Trending

Trending