The Student Room Group

Grammar School Entrance Exam

I’m currently in year 11 and looking to apply to a grammar school for sixth form. Maths requires you to take an entrance exam so I was wondering if anyone knew the type of questions or topics that would come up and at what level :smile:
Original post by lilanee
I’m currently in year 11 and looking to apply to a grammar school for sixth form. Maths requires you to take an entrance exam so I was wondering if anyone knew the type of questions or topics that would come up and at what level :smile:

Aren't they usually based on your performance at GCSE? I didn't sit any entrance exams when I joined a grammar school for sixth form, and my previous qualifications were from another country and another educational system and they were still exceedingly happy to have me and let me do Maths without having to sit any entrance tests.
(edited 5 months ago)
Reply 2
Original post by Scotland Yard
Aren't they usually based on your performance at GCSE? I didn't sit any entrance exams when I joined a grammar school for sixth form, and my previous qualifications were from another country and another educational system and they were still exceedingly happy to have me and let me do Maths without having to sit any entrance tests.

They base it on your GCSE grades and the test so you have to pass to be able to do the course unfortunately
Original post by lilanee
They base it on your GCSE grades and the test so you have to pass to be able to do the course unfortunately

Oh, right. Times change, or schools do it differently I guess. I wouldn't be able to give you much better advice other than they won't expect you to know more than GCSE content so I'd just revise and brush up your GCSE Maths for the exam :smile:
Reply 4
Original post by Scotland Yard
Oh, right. Times change, or schools do it differently I guess. I wouldn't be able to give you much better advice other than they won't expect you to know more than GCSE content so I'd just revise and brush up your GCSE Maths for the exam :smile:

Thank you!

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending