The Student Room Group
North Campus, Birmingham City University
Birmingham City University
Birmingham
Visit website

can sombody tell me is BCU a good uni

ok im so confused ive heard some bad things about the uni but is it a good uni in terms of reputation,place /city etc

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
what for? it has some good courses, but we at aston make plenty of jokes too (it is the only uni named after its entry grades)
North Campus, Birmingham City University
Birmingham City University
Birmingham
Visit website
Reply 2
where?
Reply 3
Brum is a wonderful place to live. BCU is not too bad, Birmingham university is better.
Reply 4
no its not!
Reply 5
BCU has campuses all over the city so I guess it depends what you're doing as to where you'll be based. Some campuses are in nicer parts of Birmingham than others...
No, unfortunately, I cant. Because I'd be lying.
Reply 7
so is gosta green/perry bar a good campus?
Reply 8
Gosta Green is situated on the same site as Aston Uni, behind the main building and students' guild. It's the art and design faculty I think. It's about a 10min walk into the city centre. Aston Uni's campus is very green, plenty of choice for second year accomodation nearby.

Perry Barr is not a great area of Birmingham to be honest although you do have the OneStop shopping centre right opposite (huge Asda and loads of other useful shops). It's about a 10-15 minute bus ride into the centre of Birmingham and 20 minute walk to Villa Park (if you're into football!).
Reply 9
Quite a few people seem to go to BCU (I've mostly seen international students near the building where we are) but I don't think it has that good a rep.
Reply 10
Bcu Is Awful, Avoid At All Costs!
gunner1986
Bcu Is Awful, Avoid At All Costs!

howcome?
Reply 12
liamashley
howcome?

Crap Area
Poor league rankings, always been between 80-100
Not respected
Reply 13
gunner1986
Crap Area
Poor league rankings, always been between 80-100
Not respected

LOOOL ok fair enough about statistics, when it comes to people geting their degrees or dropping out its down to THEM!!! not the uni, the uni simply provides the resources and its up to the students to make what they want...
Ok lets say that out of 100 people 70 go and jump off a bridge to a pianful death and YOU also have a choice to do it or to not do it. what are YOU going to do?

Honestly people should stop blaming Universities...

"Moral of the storry" dont follow the crowd, if others fail does that mean you gota fail too?
Dinoni
LOOOL ok fair enough about statistics, when it comes to people geting their degrees or dropping out its down to THEM!!! not the uni, the uni simply provides the resources and its up to the students to make what they want...
Ok lets say that out of 100 people 70 go and jump off a bridge to a pianful death and YOU also have a choice to do it or to not do it. what are YOU going to do?

"Moral of the storry" dont follow the crowd, if others fail does that mean you gota fail too?

Well said, rep for you :smile:
Reply 15
Dinoni

Let me cut a long story short, the work BCU students do to obtain a first is about the same as people have to do at a decent respectable university to get a third. I knew a guy who was doing computing there and his final year work was no harder than my final year a-level work!

It was only a few years back UCE/BCU had the biggest failure rate which was 70%+ for Architecture, no wonder it has shocking league results. BCU have no one else to blame but themselves by letting students in with DDE A-level results for example!

My Advice if you screw your A-Levels up, re-sit them get decent grades and go to a decent uni where your money will be well spent rather than wasted at BCU!
Reply 16
im predicted BBB but cant really get into any good unis sucks
BBB?! You could still get into some good unis with that depending on what course you're applying for?
Reply 18
look bcu isnt too good not too bad either, uni is what you make of it darling, one of my mates who did a degree in london metropolitan now has a £60k a year job.

I just got accepted :biggrin: by bcu

come join me...if i go in the end that is lol
Don't go to Bee See Yew! :tongue:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending