The Student Room Group

Rothschild Gap Year Scheme - A few questions that are not answered on the site!

Firts off, is anybody on TSR here on the scheme as we speak? As in this year? If so, could describe how you are finding it?

And also, a few boring questions that im hoping that can be answered becuase they never respong to their emails and none of this is availabe on their site:

1) How much do you get paid?
2) How long (months) do you work for?
3) 9 till 5 I guess?
4) Where are we located? London or are there different offices that we can choose from?
5) How many people do they take?
6) Roughly how many apply?
7) Also, will you be sponsored while at uni (like Deloitte do)?

8) Is the selection process as follows:

Initial Prescreening
Online Test
1st Round Interview
Assessment Day
Offer/Rejection

Is that the format of the selection process?

THANKS!!!

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
2strong
And also, a few boring questions that I'm hoping can be answered because they never respond to their emails and none of this is available on their site:

1) How much do you get paid?

BTW, never ask a firm about pay until offer stage - it's bad form at this level. As in you shouldn't ask this by calling or emailing or during an interview.

Have you tried searching the forum? There's been some stuff about Rothschild cropping up before...
Reply 2
anyone got an interview date yet or anything?
Reply 3
Anyone?
Reply 4
i havnt gotten anything yet. When did they said we should receive something?
Reply 5
2strong
i havnt gotten anything yet. When did they said we should receive something?

No idea :confused:
I wanna hear soon though! Apps have closed..
Reply 6
still nothing? does anyone know the right email address to contact to find out about our apps?
Just some news for you lot (as the constant bumping of this thread is getting quite annoying) - my brother goes to Habs and he was told by their sixth-form careers adviser that they've reduced the intake number this year substantially (due in large to the CC) in their careers assembly at the end of January.

This may also therefore be the reason why they have not replied yet, as you would think some crappy gap year programme (and I don't mean to be hurtful here, but lets face it, it is) would be the last thing on their mind at the moment.
Reply 8
Inter-Company
Just some news for you lot (as the constant bumping of this thread is getting quite annoying) - my brother goes to Habs and he was told by their sixth-form careers adviser that they've reduced the intake number this year substantially (due in large to the CC) in their careers assembly at the end of January.

This may also therefore be the reason why they have not replied yet, as you would think some crappy gap year programme (and I don't mean to be hurtful here, but lets face it, it is) would be the last thing on their mind at the moment.

(Who is the guy at Habs I may kno him?)

And also, are you saying that they may just scrap the scheme!?
Reply 9
any news? anyone?
Reply 10
anything guys?? This is gettin ridic!
2strong
anything guys?? This is gettin ridic!

Oh for god's sake stop bumping this thread. I'm sure if there was bloody news someone would post it.

A-level kids are going to be the least of there priorities, partic. as it was said the programme was going to be canceled or significantly reduced in number from last years intake.

I hope 2strong you have applied to other schemes as well mate, such as the big4 (which are arguably regarded as better), check there websites as a few places may be available (but I doubt it at this stage).
Reply 12
Hey, sorry, I just wanted to know, chill out! :p:

And ye, I have an offer from another scheme, but the good thing about Roths is that becuase its split into two batches, if I get it, I may be able to do both (there is like a month overlap), becuase you can do March-August right?

And also, where have they said that they have severely reduced intake? Ive checked the website and I dont recall reading anything of the sort? Of course, your explanation seems logical, but do they say that anywhere?

Also, you last post (ie before this one) you said you knew someone at Habs or something, who is it that you know?

thanks
Reply 13
2strong
Hey, sorry, I just wanted to know, chill out! :p:

And ye, I have an offer from another scheme, but the good thing about Roths is that becuase its split into two batches, if I get it, I may be able to do both (there is like a month overlap), becuase you can do March-August right?

And also, where have they said that they have severely reduced intake? Ive checked the website and I dont recall reading anything of the sort? Of course, your explanation seems logical, but do they say that anywhere?

Also, you last post (ie before this one) you said you knew someone at Habs or something, who is it that you know?

thanks

His brother? Lol
2strong
Also, you last post (ie before this one) you said you knew someone at Habs or something, who is it that you know? thanks

As said above, its my brother. I would rather not give out his name to a stranger, but if you would like me to pass on to him your name (i.e. if you think he may know you etc), PM me and I will do so.

As for how I know about the reduced intake, my brother's school was told from their careers rep (i.e. the intake number shall be reduced, and by that, they mean reducing not only numbers but most likely only have the scheme run on 1 date - afterall, all you do is crappy BO work which won't be too much of a problem to hire others to do for Rothschild, if they need to).
By the by, who the hell is the user 'Ifry'?

He/she has quoted me on this thread but I cannot find the post :s-smilie:
Reply 16
Inter-Company
By the by, who the hell is the user 'Ifry'?

He/she has quoted me on this thread but I cannot find the post :s-smilie:

They probably deleted their post I assume
Reply 17
Ok, I got something from Roths, has everyone on here got something? Or have some people been rejected? Anyway, this is what I got:

Dear XXXXXXX,

Many thanks for your application for a Gap Year Programme with Rothschild.

I am delighted to say that we would like to invite you for an interview on Tuesday 14th April at 11.15am.
On arrival please ask for Alana Shantry at reception and ensure you arrive 5-10 minutes prior to your interview. I have attached a map to our King William Street Office. Please ensure that you bring with you your original passport for us to photocopy for our records.

Please inform me if you have a disability so that we can make the appropriate arrangements in advance.
With regards to organising transport, please book your own travel. If you would like to be reimbursed for the cost of travel please fill out the travel expenses claim form attached and return to me with the ticket/receipt (economy only). I will then send you a cheque.

Please can you confirm by replying to this email or calling the below number that you will be able to attend this interview.

If you have any questions regarding the interview process please do not hesitate to contact me.
Kind regards
Annie

<<Map KWS.pdf>> <<Travel Expense Claim form.doc>>

Annie Carroll
Recruitment Coordinator
Rothschild Human Resources
Tel +44 (0)20 7280 5298
e-mail [email protected]

So ye, is everyone on the 14th?
Reply 18
Ok, I got something from Roths, has everyone on here got something? Or have some people been rejected? Anyway, this is what I got:

Dear XXXXXXX,

Many thanks for your application for a Gap Year Programme with Rothschild.

I am delighted to say that we would like to invite you for an interview on Tuesday 14th April at 11.15am.
On arrival please ask for Alana Shantry at reception and ensure you arrive 5-10 minutes prior to your interview. I have attached a map to our King William Street Office. Please ensure that you bring with you your original passport for us to photocopy for our records.

Please inform me if you have a disability so that we can make the appropriate arrangements in advance.
With regards to organising transport, please book your own travel. If you would like to be reimbursed for the cost of travel please fill out the travel expenses claim form attached and return to me with the ticket/receipt (economy only). I will then send you a cheque.

Please can you confirm by replying to this email or calling the below number that you will be able to attend this interview.

If you have any questions regarding the interview process please do not hesitate to contact me.
Kind regards
Annie

<<Map KWS.pdf>> <<Travel Expense Claim form.doc>>

Annie Carroll
Recruitment Coordinator
Rothschild Human Resources
Tel +44 (0)20 7280 5298
e-mail [email protected]

So ye, is everyone on the 14th?
Reply 19
i got the same thing!

Quick Reply