The Student Room Group

Rothschild Gap Year Scheme - A few questions that are not answered on the site!

Scroll to see replies

Reply 100
I had my interview on Friday like many others for IB. When will they let us know?
Reply 101
mcl
they said to me that they'd let us know by the middle of this week, as they still had some interviews to do today
what time was your interview on friday?

13:00, you?
Reply 102
anyone heard yet?
Reply 103
mcl
just got a call with an offer for the info centre :biggrin:
so happy, hope you hear soon and good luck :smile:

What are you studying at uni? PPE at Warwick?
Did you find out what you exactly do in the info centre cos it sounds a bit boring to me ... but nevertheless very well done to you
Reply 104
mcl
yeh, i need to defer it
noo not sure, basically they said we will be dealing with requests from all 4 sections so m&a, restructuring etc. and get exposure to all 4... but not too sure it sounds pretty admin based
it's just the name and exposure for the cv
thanks, you should hear soon then you'll be fine I'm sure

Thats why I only wished to do IB because Info Centre, although Rothschild may look good on CV, is mostly admin work. On the CV, you would have to write: Rothschild, Information Centre; the employer will have a rough idea of what you have done. However, you can always hype it up and make it sound much more important than it actually is. Could you please PM me the month you are starting and the salary they have offered?
Reply 105
Anyone heard from Rothschild for the IB division gap year placement?
Reply 106
Received an offer for the IB division, starting in March :smile:
Reply 107
me31
Received an offer for the IB division, starting in March :smile:

Well done. Did you choose March as your preference? How did you find out? What time was your interview on Friday?
Reply 108
One of the two people who interviewed me called around 2 today and yes i chose march. my interview was at 1.
Reply 109
Anyone else heard yet?
Reply 110
PGtips92
well... how did y'all get on?

have you heard back yet?
Reply 111
mcl
yeh, i need to defer it
noo not sure, basically they said we will be dealing with requests from all 4 sections so m&a, restructuring etc. and get exposure to all 4... but not too sure it sounds pretty admin based
it's just the name and exposure for the cv
thanks, you should hear soon then you'll be fine I'm sure

are warwick going to defer your entry and which office will you be based in?
Reply 112
mcl
Yeah well the admissions guy said at the offers open day that we're able to defer for ppe so I just need to contact them and with this lined up they shouldn't mind
The information centre is what I got my offer for
Have you heard yet?

Haven't heard yet :frown:
hi guys,
im planning to apply for the gap year programme at rothschild but i can only find the opportunity to apply for the information centre, does anyone know where the IB online application has gone?
hey, i have applied for 2013, and rothschild have ditched the investment banking stuff, so you can only work in the information centre
Reply 115
Original post by bethmetcalfe
hey, i have applied for 2013, and rothschild have ditched the investment banking stuff, so you can only work in the information centre

What do you mean with ditched the banking stuff? :biggrin:
Original post by PlusMinus
What do you mean with ditched the banking stuff? :biggrin:

they dropped investment banking in their 2011 rebrand, i read this article about it, http://www.telegraph.co.uk/finance/newsbysector/banksandfinance/8301929/Rothschild-rebrand-drops-investment-banking-after-200-years.html
and if you go on their website it says nothing about being an investment bank :smile:
Reply 117
It's just another, finally uniform, name for their banking franchise. You are still able to intern and work in M&A, RX, Equity, Debt = IB
(edited 11 years ago)
im not talking about interns? i'm talking about the gap year scheme...

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending