The Student Room Group
Waterfront bar, King's College
King's College London
London

How flexible are Kings for Law??

Alryt, I'm probably going to make Kings College my firm choice as my uni, and intend to study law. However, I've got serious worries as to whether I'll get the reuirements of AAA and the B at AS. I already have an A in the AS and am pretty confident I can get an A in two of my subjects, french and economics. BUt, I'm not sure if I'll get an A in History and think I'll probably get a B.

I was thinking if i got AAB but an A at AS level instead of a B, would I still be able to get in? Are Kings that flexible?
Reply 1
Usually they are not, but this year a handful of people got in with AAB, not sure what their fourth AS grade was though. It depends how many people fulfill the conditions and accept the place...if they still have places left over, which is not often, then they will hand these out to those closest to meeting the offer.
Waterfront bar, King's College
King's College London
London
So do you mean... getting the AAAb is compulsory??? :s-smilie: did they state this in the offer letter? 'cos I got AAAC (i'm bringing the AS subject up to A2) but King's didn't know this since I put all my AS'es as "pending" like what our careers teacher told us to do if we're bringing the AS subject to A2.

Though in the offer letter, it only said "AAA" for any three subs.
Reply 3
I'd assume not very as Law is an extremely competitive course at Kings. I guess it depends on how many people meet the conditions this year.
Reply 4
Incoherence
So do you mean... getting the AAAb is compulsory??? :s-smilie: did they state this in the offer letter? 'cos I got AAAC (i'm bringing the AS subject up to A2) but King's didn't know this since I put all my AS'es as "pending" like what our careers teacher told us to do if we're bringing the AS subject to A2.

Though in the offer letter, it only said "AAA" for any three subs.

Well if your offer only said "AAA" then you only need to get AAA. If it said AAAb then if you get an A in the subject you achieved a C in at AS, and then As in any two of the other three subjects, then you would be fulfilling the conditions for AAAb. Similarly, if you resit some of the AS exams and pull that fourth AS up to an A, and then get AAA in the other three, you would have fulfilled the conditions. However, as I said, if the offer only says "AAA", then that is all you need. It would be wierd though, as King's always make offers of AAAb.

Latest