The Student Room Group

Can I apply?

I'm of age to go to university.
However, I haven't got a complete 3 Alevels, just 4 AS grades.
But would I still be able to apply to do a certificate and diploma before moving up to a BA in the course I want to do? Or is it better to wait and finish my current course (On first year of btec) and go straight to the BA?

Thing is I really want to go to uni, and this course is my dream course and doing the certificate and diploma would get me more knowledge of the subject.

Although it is part time, so is it also possible to apply to do this and carry on with my btec?

And can I apply at all? lol
I don't know much about it but I'm sure you can at least apply, if you have a look on UCAS or the uni website they generally tell you all the requirements for the course so that might tell you more.
Reply 2
They don't really mention requirements which is why it confused me.

Is it worth phoning one of the course leaders or phoning the university itself?
Ooh thats annoying. Yeah, probably calling or emailing the admissions office would be the easiest way to find out.
Reply 4
I'm pretty sure every uni mentions the requirements for a specific course?
I'd finish the course you were already on - is it worth the equivalent of A levels? What are your AS grades like? Some unis will take UCAS points (eg. 200) rather than grades :dontknow:
Reply 6
My AS grades are A, C, C and D. And my current course at the end of 3 years is equivilant to 3 alevels.

But this course isn't a degree, I think it's like foundation degree sort of thing.

"Our programme is designed for people with an interest in archaeology but who may not have studied formally before" is the only thing it says about requirements

Latest

Trending

Trending