The Student Room Group
University of Manchester
University of Manchester
Manchester

Scroll to see replies

Original post by pshewitt1
when do we get the choice to pick i firmed manchester a week ago :/ i want sheavyn!!! what are my chances?

Is your offer conditional or unconditional?
University of Manchester
University of Manchester
Manchester
Original post by *Johanna*
Is your offer conditional or unconditional?

conditional i'm guessing that's why
conditional i'm guessing that's why

So what sense would there be in giving you a room already ? :wink:
You'll here from them after you get your results.
Original post by *Johanna*
So what sense would there be in giving you a room already ? :wink:
You'll here from them after you get your results.

because A) i'm awesome 2) i want sheavyn!!!
because A) i'm awesome 2) i want sheavyn!!!

It's not gonna help you :biggrin:
been to the open day today, whats best fallowfield or Victoria Park?
Original post by vickyw1318
been to the open day today, whats best fallowfield or Victoria Park?

Did you get to see the accommodations? if so, which??
Reply 1787
Original post by TheFoxBlip
the main block of Dalton-Ellis is male only, it has about 50 rooms.

are the rest of the blocks in dalton ellis single sex or mixed sex?
Reply 1788
So I'm looking for catered and preferebly mixed sex and in Victoria Park. 'Cause I've got a pretty hard working course so I wanna have a good social life/work life balance
What are Dalton Ellis and Hulme like socially?
Went to the Accomodation Day, and liked Victoria Park campus and City Campus.
But wondering if Weston Hall seems quite far out?
As I'm doing Law and quite hard working but still want a good work/social life balance?
Original post by aprilannep
Did you get to see the accommodations? if so, which??

Hi thanks for the reply :smile: i looked at Pankhurst Court, Victoria Hall and Richmond park i didn't have any time to look at others, i quite liked Pankhurst and Richmond
Hi thanks for the reply :smile: i looked at Pankhurst Court, Victoria Hall and Richmond park i didn't have any time to look at others, i quite liked Pankhurst and Richmond

I applied to richmond! was it nice? were the rooms big?

sorry for all my questions :P
big ish the kitchen looked nice i think richmonds will be my first choice :smile:
big ish the kitchen looked nice i think richmonds will be my first choice :smile:

ahh i see, did you see sheavyn?
are you a sept 2012 applicant? for what course? :biggrin:
Reply 1794
OK, so I've decided upon the City Campus for various reasons. I've heard a lot of 'good' things about Fallowfield but these tend to based on the campus being more 'sociable', which I assume for the typical student means that there is a lot more drinking. I don't want to pass up the numerous opportunities for friendship which student life offers, however I would rather not have to get drunk at every passing moment. I have chosen the city because I have a young child (who lives a 10 minute train journey from Piccadilly train station) and so would like to be close to some of the attractions (museums etc) that the city has to offer. Also I figure that I will never get an opportunity to live this close to any city centre ever again and will have the opportunity to live in Fallowfield during my second or third year.

Anyway, I was just wondering which were the best halls to go for in the City Campus?

Really I would like to keep the price down and go for the cheaper options, but I had a quick look at the Grosvenor halls from the outside and they just looked really.... grim. The location is great, right next to the Aquatics Centre, the museum and Oxford Rd.
Ideally I would like to be as close to Piccadilly train station as possible though. Bowden Court and Wright Robinson are close, any opinions on these halls? Would Lamberth and Fairfield be worth the price?

Opinions on any of the halls and/or life in the City Campus would be much appreciated. Thanks.

P.S. Just a quick one: Am I really going to be missing out on much if I dont go for Fallowfield Campus?!?
Reply 1795
Is it advisable that if I really want self catered accom, and would prefer an ensuite that I put my first 2 preferences as ensuites and then my 3rd as a shared bathroom just in case?
Original post by livvyp
Is it advisable that if I really want self catered accom, and would prefer an ensuite that I put my first 2 preferences as ensuites and then my 3rd as a shared bathroom just in case?

Yes, though it still doesn't guarantee anything. I did this and got catered with shared bathroom anyway.
Reply 1797
Original post by llama-beans
Yes, though it still doesn't guarantee anything. I did this and got catered with shared bathroom anyway.

Really?! Oh noooo, I REALLY dont want catered!! :no:
Original post by llama-beans

nowi'm worried D:
Original post by aprilannep
nowi'm worried D:

Seriously don't pin your hopes on getting the likes of sheavyn and richmond, not saying it's impossible but they;re very over subbed! Everyone I have met at uni so far seems to have applied for at least one of them. Just make sure you have a third choice you will be happy with, I know so many people that didn/t care about the third because they were convinced they'd get one of those two and when it didn't happen they caused merry hell and some even went for private halls! So yeah, make sure you like your third choice.

Sharing a bathroom actually isn't that bad in the end. I had an ensuite at home basically from about the age of 13 and now I share with 9 other people and it's fine. There is never any queues and people are fairly clean plus cleaners twice a week)

Latest

Trending

Trending