The Student Room Group
Edge Hill University
Edge Hill University
Ormskirk
Visit website

Scroll to see replies

Original post by oglez92
Hi!

I recently did my masters degree there. I had a very good experience. I did computing and felt like the resources I needed (i.e. computers with appropriate software) were readily available. Some of the teaching staff were fantastic and very supportive, as well as stimulating academically. They offered a lot of opportunities for career development, including careers fair and a dedicated careers team.

I can't comment on the nightlife as I didn't really take part in that. It is in a fairly quiet town in the north west of England though. A city campus like Liverpool or Manchester would give you a much better live out and social experience, if that's important to you.

The biggest issue is parking though, if you're planning to drive. You need to get there before 8am or you won't get a spot! You can usually get one after 1pm with no real issues though. It's only if you have morning lectures.

Overall, I would definitely recommend it!

as someone who’s lived in ormskirk their whole life i would say if you’re looking for nightlife this is not the place for you. It’s dead, one club which is full of 14 year olds and if you were planning to come home after going to lpool you would have to be home and in bed by at least 12 because of trains. Overall pretty **** town
Edge Hill University
Edge Hill University
Ormskirk
Visit website
I was raped on campus and they did nothing to help. They were more concerned with protecting his academic career (he was training to be a primary school teacher) than doing anything and I was just told to not make a fuss. I would avoid Edge Hill at all costs they claim to be progressive but do nothing. I know this happens all over but if you choose to go to this University they will do nothing to help you if you report a rape by another student.

I also agree with what other student have said, it's miles away from anywhere and there is nothing to do in the town. Also a lot of drug and alcohol problems on campus as there is nothing else to do but drink. To drown out the disappointment of going to this horrible University.
(edited 2 years ago)
Reply 22
I am really sorry to hear that Jayne. Like what the actual hell! Disgusting behaviour by the university. Did you not go to the police? Definitely steering clear of that university now xxx
Original post by Maya_beans
Well I went there for a "interview" and the campus seemed nice enough. lots of good facilities and there building new buildings for business at the moment
The area its in isnt GREAT theres not really much there...but its a 20 minute train ride from liverpool. OP i'd say you should go look at it. it really depends what you want to do there.

!!!
I quite liked it when I went there a few times on open days but one sept didn’t impress me but it may have been because it was a new course - engineering - it seemed more computer science based than engineering. Shame as both my kids liked the uni. engineering

Latest

Trending

Trending