The Student Room Group
Reply 1
Hope its not too late...

When i had my interview (a few years ago i know... but these things don't seem to change that much) we got a piece of paper with a few basic questions on it. I got a picture of some made up molecule on it and was asked to identify different chemical groups. Can't remember what else was on there.

Anyway, they also ask you a few questions in 1-1 interviews: such as why pharmacy, why cardiff, the obvious things. They may ask you to name a drug and say what it does. Or say how drugs can be given, other than tablet. In cardiff i was asked about recent developments in pharmacy and the guy went on about stomach ulcers and a nobel prize, blah blah blah. Anyway, just relax and be yourself - thats what they really want to know about, you.
Reply 2
anyone recently had interview at cardiff? If they could tell me what kind of questions were asked.
Reply 3
Hey I had my interview about a month ago.
It was alright :smile: more intense than the other interviews. They have about 3 sheets of questions and just select some to ask you. From what I can remember they asked:
What is the difference between a drug and a medicine? They will try and ask you 1 question that will catch you out. The drug is the active ingredient and the medicine is the final formulation..
Then why pharmacy why cardiff? Do you know people in cardiff?
What makes their course different from the other pharmacy schools?
A recent chemistry practical...I talked about oxidation of alcohols and what the results would be.
What is pharmacology? Study of drug interactions with the body..
Urmmm different ways of administering drugs. 3 different types of drugs. Thats about all i can remember lol
I wish you all the best in your interview :smile: if you need any help feel free to ask..my phone started vibrating in my interview, so if i got an offer im sure anyone else can haha.
Reply 4
Lulu*et*Moi
Hey I had my interview about a month ago.
It was alright :smile: more intense than the other interviews. They have about 3 sheets of questions and just select some to ask you. From what I can remember they asked:
What is the difference between a drug and a medicine? They will try and ask you 1 question that will catch you out. The drug is the active ingredient and the medicine is the final formulation..
Then why pharmacy why cardiff? Do you know people in cardiff?
What makes their course different from the other pharmacy schools?
A recent chemistry practical...I talked about oxidation of alcohols and what the results would be.
What is pharmacology? Study of drug interactions with the body..
Urmmm different ways of administering drugs. 3 different types of drugs. Thats about all i can remember lol
I wish you all the best in your interview :smile: if you need any help feel free to ask..my phone started vibrating in my interview, so if i got an offer im sure anyone else can haha.

hey did they ask u any chem questions?
and did u apply pharmacy or pharmacology?
how much latr fter did u hear u got the offer? aww well done :smile:
Reply 5
rose90
hey did they ask u any chem questions?
and did u apply pharmacy or pharmacology?
how much latr fter did u hear u got the offer? aww well done :smile:

They only asked me about chemistry practicals and some theory and no i applied for pharmacy :smile:

I heard a week later, hope that helps.
Reply 6
Lulu*et*Moi
They only asked me about chemistry practicals and some theory and no i applied for pharmacy :smile:

I heard a week later, hope that helps.

heyy i had th interview it went great thanks :smile:

tc xx

Latest

Trending

Trending