The Student Room Group
UAL entrance
University of the Arts London
London
Visit website

Calling LCF students, something GOOD please?

Scroll to see replies

Original post by lois19frend
Tutors are totally crap.
They don't give you any help at all but just expect you to work all the time.
ESPECIALLY THAT CLAIRE SWIFT, TOTALLY USELESS TUTOR.
Awful teaching methods, awful environment and tacky equipment.

Don't put people off, maybe your experience was bad, but write it in a more positive way.

Maybe you didn't like the teaching methods, but I am sure not everyone felt the way you did.

Why don't you buy equipment if there's isn't go enough for you. Not everything will be handed on a silver platter at your standards.
UAL entrance
University of the Arts London
London
Visit website
Yeh if you're lucky enough to get a nice tutor, you will sure do fine!

Maybe its good enough for you but yeh its not for me, hence I bought all my own equipments.

Thank god they sacked the previous course director. :smile:
It's not if your tutor is nice or not, not every tutor is nice.
Maybe for good reason - if you are planning to have a career in fashion not everyone will be nice to you.

I may sound like I know it all, but I have had alot of experience working in the industry more than 2 years, so I know that fashion isn't all people crack it up to be. Nothing is handed usless you put the hand out too.
Reply 23
i been there and in my opinion it was mostly waste of time for me.no any constructive critique on my portfolio work at all,other tutors for diff subjects not bad.if i wanted to ask something u feel they dont have time for you.they take hourdeds of students but few tutors.if dealing with talents,the approaching to students must be careful and sensitive as it might impact their work and therefore rest of life. bad teachers might be for some people disaster.during resubmition,potfolio rewiew there were 50 students sitting on floor and only one tutor rushing ,which meant waiting whole day on just rewiew a portfolio.in class the same-30 ppl and 1 tutor.equipment in it room -70computers for houndreds of people,1 printer which didnt work most of time...i believe this approaching system might put many people of.but some kids liked it.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending